Options

Street Portraits

SyncopationSyncopation Registered Users Posts: 341 Major grins
edited December 7, 2011 in Street and Documentary
smugshot3846269-L.jpg

smugshot8718323-L.jpg

smugshot4226800-L.jpg
Syncopation

The virtue of the camera is not the power it has to transform the photographer into an artist, but the impulse it gives him to keep on looking. - Brook Atkinson- 1951

Comments

• Options
    Quincy TQuincy T Registered Users Posts: 1,090 Major grins
    edited December 6, 2011
    #2 has such a classy feel to it. Sorry that's such an intangible thing to comment on, but it puts me in some other year in some other place. Well shot.
  • Options
    RSLRSL Registered Users Posts: 839 Major grins
    edited December 6, 2011
    All three are very good, Synco, but #3 is strongest. The byplay between the girls is very good. You almost can hear their voices. Reminds me of one I made with a point-and-shoot back in 2000 with a similar byplay.
  • Options
    Quincy TQuincy T Registered Users Posts: 1,090 Major grins
    edited December 7, 2011
    RSL wrote: »
    All three are very good, Synco, but #3 is strongest. The byplay between the girls is very good. You almost can hear their voices. Reminds me of one I made with a point-and-shoot back in 2000 with a similar byplay.

I felt the same way about the conversation being almost audible, but I get distracted by the girl on the left staring directly into the camera. Again, I am so very new to this.
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,929 moderator
    edited December 7, 2011
    Great control of light in these. In 1 and 2 it looks like you were taking advantage of a street lamp or some other external source. Well done.
  • Options
    bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited December 7, 2011
    Nice set, #2 looks like a Young Christopher Lloyd.