Options

is there a way to set up default pricing?

FoquesFoques Registered Users Posts: 1,951 Major grins
edited December 9, 2011 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Hi.

is there a way to set up a default pricing / setup or do I need to be specifically setting my prices for every. single. time I create a new gallery?

:soapbox
Arseny - the too honest guy.
My Site
My Facebook

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 7, 2011
    You bet. Set up Portfolio pricing. Watch the tutorial vid here and holler with any questions.
    http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/93345-price-and-sell-your-photos
  • Options
    edited December 7, 2011
    thank you.

is there a way to copy one specific gallery's pricing into a portfolio? can't seen to do that..
    My Site
    My Facebook
  • Options
    rnrjoshrnrjosh Registered Users Posts: 266 Major grins
    edited December 7, 2011
    There's not really a way to copy a gallery's pricing into your Portfolio pricing at this time, sorry! You can copy Portfolio pricing to a gallery's pricing, but not vice versa at the moment. You'd need to manually enter your Portfolio pricing. But, once you've set that, it will automatically apply to any unpriced galleries (ie, galleries with no gallery-level pricing in place) and to any new galleries you create by default.
    Josh
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited December 7, 2011
    well, that sucks.. I guess i'll need to figure out when I can do that.. thanks.
    My Site
    My Facebook
  • Options
    David EvertsenDavid Evertsen Registered Users Posts: 524 Major grins
    edited December 9, 2011
    Foques wrote: »
    well, that sucks.. I guess i'll need to figure out when I can do that.. thanks.

I will say I was in the same boat when I first started with Smugmug but, I did set up a Portfolio pricing and moved on from there. I can change a price on Portfolio and it is changed for my entire site of over 2500 galleries. It was well worth the time, the cool thing is that individual gallery pricing still overrides for those special things..
  • Options
    edited December 9, 2011
    Dave, all these small things are getting to me because I am working 55+ hour weeks currently, factor that, 1hr drive to work each way, consulting and shoots.. I barely have time to process, let alone deal with the little quirks.
    I did get it done, hopefully, I won't find any more issues till my crazy work schedule calms down.

thank you for the good input, I completely understand what you mean.
    My Site
    My Facebook