img059-XL.jpg
(from the recent mini-challenge)

2)
img052-XL.jpg

Comments

• Options
    RSLRSL Registered Users Posts: 839 Major grins
    edited December 8, 2011
    Jennifer, When I opened this thread and saw the first picture I knew it was yours, even though I hadn't noticed the name of the poster. They're both very good. Edward Hopper especially would love that first one. Bravo!
  • Options
    Quincy TQuincy T Registered Users Posts: 1,090 Major grins
    edited December 8, 2011
    Really like both of these, especially the first. She seems so intent on looking at something that it immediately draws you into what she's thinking. I wonder if B&W would be a better treatment for #1...I do think you'd lose some of that nice sunset glow, albeit a small part of the picture, though.
  • Options
    michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited December 10, 2011
    Glad you liked the shots...

I played with the first in b&w back when I first scanned it. It tended to emphasised the reflections in window and across her face more than I'd prefer. Plus, it's not really a high contrast shot where I'd be able to get those deep blacks I like.
  • Options
    DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited December 10, 2011
    Jennifer, I like both of these, and definitely see the Edward Hopper-ness of the first one! thumb.gif:D

Russ, I am a fan of Edward Hopper especially when he shows up in stuff like Wim Wender's movies! WIm is a big fan, too!

:D

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • Options
    Quincy TQuincy T Registered Users Posts: 1,090 Major grins
    edited December 10, 2011
    michswiss wrote: »
    Glad you liked the shots...

I played with the first in b&w back when I first scanned it. It tended to emphasised the reflections in window and across her face more than I'd prefer. Plus, it's not really a high contrast shot where I'd be able to get those deep blacks I like.

Cool beans, I figured you tried it.
  • Options
    NyarthlopicNyarthlopic Registered Users Posts: 274 Major grins
    edited December 10, 2011
    Of the two, I like the first shot better (taking nothing away from the skateboarder). I love the woman's stare into the distance. Kinda makes you wonder what was on her mind. I wish the reflection wasn't there, but there's only so much that can be controlled there. It's also just my preference.
  • Options
    toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited December 10, 2011
    #1 is my favorite. The catch of the reflected building adds

Nice work
    Rags