Options

Wireless question

buso23buso23 Registered Users Posts: 112 Major grins
edited October 25, 2005 in Digital Darkroom
Hello all,

This is my first post here but I've been lurking here for quite some time now and I can tell you that this forum is a great place to learn.I' ve been reading the Marquilis LAB thread with a lot of interest and learned a lot from it. I' ve got a different question to ask though. At my workplace we have 10 PC's that are connected wirelessly but no one knows how to transfer files from one PC to another. The shared files folder isn't created (that's what someone tolddd me). Anyway, how do I set up that? I would like to wirelessly transfer files from one PC to another. Thanks in advance and regards from Macedonia. Ljupco
Regards from Macedonia, Ljupco

www.ljsphotographyonline.com

Comments

• Options
    StevenVStevenV Registered Users Posts: 1,174 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2005
    Welcome and thanks for de-lurking

The short version would be yes, create a shared folder on one of the PC's. I'm going to assume here that you're using Windows XP; double-click on My Computer, then C:, then create a directory and right-click on it & select Sharing & Security from the menu.

If all the PCs are in the same workgroup or domain, they should be able to browse and find that PC and then the shared folder.

It can get way more complex if you have usernames/domains/other security set up, but that should get you pointed in the right direction.
  • Options
    buso23buso23 Registered Users Posts: 112 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2005
    Thanks a lot for that. I'll try that first thing in the morning and see if it works. Regards, Ljupco
    Regards from Macedonia, Ljupco

www.ljsphotographyonline.com