toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2011
    Ha! nice shots, Merry Christmas
    Rags
  • Options
    lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2011
    These are so much fun.
    You shot this event last year right, a bunch of santas at a table?

I really like this years offering. NIcely done and nice touch using the sideview mirror in the shot. I think normally you might get hammered from shooting from inside the car, but I really like it.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2011
    I see the Dasher and the Vixen but what happened to the Prancer of your title... rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif

thumb.gif

:D Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • Options
    rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2011
    torags wrote: »
    Ha! nice shots, Merry Christmas

Thanks!
    DonRicklin wrote: »
    I see the Dasher and the Vixen but what happened to the Prancer of your title... rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif

thumb.gif

:D Don

Prancer is behind Dasher playing reindeer games... rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    edited December 11, 2011
    These are so much fun.
    You shot this event last year right, a bunch of santas at a table?

I really like this years offering. NIcely done and nice touch using the sideview mirror in the shot. I think normally you might get hammered from shooting from inside the car, but I really like it.

Yeah, I lucked into it again as it was not a planned trip. After the first shot, I parked illegally and shot for five minutes. Few more to come in separate posts.
  • Options
    bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2011
    #2 that's all I'm allowed to say ! mwink.gif
  • Options
    RSLRSL Registered Users Posts: 839 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2011
    #2's good, Rainbow. The expression on the security guy makes the picture. But #1's just a snapshot.
  • Options
    edited December 11, 2011
    bfjr wrote: »
    #2 that's all I'm allowed to say ! mwink.gif

Yeah, Richard would come down hard on you... ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    edited December 11, 2011
    RSL wrote: »
    #2's good, Rainbow. The expression on the security guy makes the picture. But #1's just a snapshot.

#2 was a standalone shot... but #1 was such a set-up shot with the title that I couldn't resist...

Thanks!
  • Options
    M38A1M38A1 Registered Users Posts: 1,317 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2011
    Ah..... the Santa runs and all the holiday athletic festivities are upon us.

I like #1 for the quirky aspects of it as well as with the mirror. But yes, for me it's also a snap, but a good snap at that. And #2 is great. I'll leave it at that and wait for the next ones of Ms. Vixen.
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,929 moderator
    edited December 12, 2011
    rainbow wrote: »
    Prancer is behind Dasher playing reindeer games... rolleyes1.gif
    At times, I truly miss SF. Nice work, rainbow. #2 is wonderful. I wish there had been something interesting--or at least discernible--in the mirror in #1.
  • Options
    edited December 16, 2011
    M38A1 wrote: »
    Ah..... the Santa runs and all the holiday athletic festivities are upon us.

I like #1 for the quirky aspects of it as well as with the mirror. But yes, for me it's also a snap, but a good snap at that. And #2 is great. I'll leave it at that and wait for the next ones of Ms. Vixen.
    Richard wrote: »
    At times, I truly miss SF. Nice work, rainbow. #2 is wonderful. I wish there had been something interesting--or at least discernible--in the mirror in #1.

Thanks! One gets what one can in the mirror -- I was actually happy that it showed some Santas spilling into the street.

I will argue that "snapshot" (with its negative connotations) does not really apply to #1. The constraint of "working the scene" here is that I am behind the wheel of my vehicle in traffic and cannot work the scene except to wait for it to come to me. And so it did as seen in #1. So it captures completely that these two are running on the street in traffic while depicting the numerous Santas on the sidewalk. Perhaps not a great shot, but more than a snapshot.
  • Options
    M38A1M38A1 Registered Users Posts: 1,317 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2011
    Along the same lines, our local RDR or Red Dress Run is this evening. Guys, gals - everyone in red dresses will be running from bar to bar tonight. I'm debating taking the camera down for this as the event will most probably be the only time I get to see my guy friends in dresses. I won't be running due to an injury I'm nursing. Bummer.