Rumors: 35 L II and 24-70 L II in Jan

Manfr3dManfr3d Registered Users Posts: 2,008 Major grins
edited December 13, 2011 in Cameras
For (y)our entertainmant only :thumb

Fits with the April rumor of samples being tested.
“To consult the rules of composition before making a picture is a little like consulting the law of gravitation before going for a walk.”
― Edward Weston

Comments

• David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,237 moderator
    edited December 12, 2011
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • JimKarczewskiJimKarczewski Registered Users Posts: 969 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2011
    All these replacements lead me to believe Canon has that high MP camera up their sleeve and once they have enough lenses that can resolve to a new high MP sensor they will pull the trigger and announce it...
  • cmasoncmason Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2011
    Still holding breath for 24-70 f2.8 IS, but I suppose if it ever shipped, I could never afford it
  • David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,237 moderator
    edited December 13, 2011
    I'd love to see an updated 24-105 to pair with a 5DIII. The current model has distortions up the wazzoo and lens creep issues after a spell.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Manfr3dManfr3d Registered Users Posts: 2,008 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2011
    A lighter 24-70 f/2.8 II without the strong field curvature of the current version
    would be very nice indeed. I have tried the 24-105 but f4 is often too slow for me.
    “To consult the rules of composition before making a picture is a little like consulting the law of gravitation before going for a walk.”
    ― Edward Weston
  • Matthew SavilleMatthew Saville Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,352 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2011
    We should do a poll: How many would rather see the 24-70 mk2 with stabilization, and how many would prefer to do without stabilization just as long as they can shave a few ounces off the current lens' weight?

Personally, I'd go with the weight savings ANY day. But that's just because I handle these types of lenses for 10+ hrs a day, every week, plus other sessions. :-(

=Matt=
    My first thought is always of light.” – Galen Rowell
    My SmugMug PortfolioMy Astro-Landscape Photo BlogDgrin Weddings Forum
  • Stuart-MStuart-M Registered Users Posts: 157 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2011
    We should do a poll: How many would rather see the 24-70 mk2 with stabilization, and how many would prefer to do without stabilization just as long as they can shave a few ounces off the current lens' weight?

Personally, I'd go with the weight savings ANY day. But that's just because I handle these types of lenses for 10+ hrs a day, every week, plus other sessions. :-(

=Matt=

If the 5D3 has the 1Dx sensor ISO can easily compensate for the lack of IS, not sure how much weight it would save though?
  • Manfr3dManfr3d Registered Users Posts: 2,008 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2011
    I think Canon should do this poll and then deliver what we want thumb.gif
    ― Edward Weston
  • borrowlenses.comborrowlenses.com Registered Users Posts: 441 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2011
    We're going to be replacing quite a few lenses pretty soon. The 24-70 is going to be a painful upgrade; it's our most popular rental item and we have quite a lot of them.
    http://www.BorrowLenses.com
    Your professional online camera gear rental store

Follow us on Facebook
    http://www.facebook.com/borrowlenses