Fire In The Sky, Mt. Washington, NH

jsinonjsinon Registered Users Posts: 130 Major grins
edited December 13, 2011 in Landscapes
Moments before sunrise from just below the summit of Mt. Washington, NH.
Jeff Sinon Photography - "Nature Through The Lens"
FaceBook
Twitter
Blog

Comments

• jsinonjsinon Registered Users Posts: 130 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2011
    Thanks a lot Mike. It looks even better on my website. For some reason the whole image got brighter and lost contrast during upload.
    FaceBook
    Twitter
    Blog
  • spacefuzzspacefuzz Registered Users Posts: 102 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2011
    Nice sunrise, perhaps saving it as sRGB with imbedded profile will help when you upload it
    edited December 13, 2011
    Just replaced it. Not sure what I did to the original upload. All my exports go out of Lightroom as sRGB.

Oh, thank you for the compliment.
    FaceBook
    Twitter
    Blog
  • ChesterJackChesterJack Registered Users Posts: 61 Big grins
    edited December 13, 2011
    jsinon wrote: »
    Moments before sunrise from just below the summit of Mt. Washington, NH.

I would sure love to know your connections to get on the auto road before sunrise!! Great shot.
    "Dont tell me this town ain't got no heart, cause I can hear it beat out loud" Robert Hunter
    edited December 13, 2011
    I would sure love to know your connections to get on the auto road before sunrise!! Great shot.

Here is the location of my super secret, special agent, info. http://mtwashingtonautoroad.com/

Keep an eye out come spring time, 3-4 times a year they open the auto road for sunrise. I highly recommend it! Let me give you a few tips should you go.

1). What ever time they say the road is going to open for a given date, be there and in line at least 45 minutes before. They have started letting cars go up at least a half hour early every time I've gone.
    2). If this is a once in a life-time trip and you get to the summit and it is foggy, I would turn around. You should be below the clouds by the time you get down to around mile marker 6. The first time I went up for sunrise it looked like the fog would lift. It didn't.
    3). Dress warm. Those winter clothes you put away months ago, dig them out and have them in the car. The day I shot this the forecast at the base was for 80+ deg.f. At the time I clicked the shutter I had on insulated pants plus a base layer, my arctic weight Carhart coat with several layers underneath, and a wool hat and gloves. I wanted more. I got a real kick out of the "flat-landers" who got out of their cars in shorts and a t-shirt. They lasted no more than a minute or tworolleyes1.gif
    4). This goes hand in hand with #1. Better to be way early than a little late. Things happen fast. The below image was only about 5-7 minutes before the image in the OP. And you don't want to be like the people behind those headlights that got to see sunrise in their rear view mirror:cry
    FaceBook
    Twitter
    Blog