Fruit or Fauna

George.George. Registered Users Posts: 43 Big grins
edited October 26, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
I took these two images earlier this morning. Stoked on how they turned out but confused to which one i should run - torn between the two. No PS has been done to the shots.
Advice....

pinky.jpg

mango.jpg

Thanks.

If you havent already looked at Jonny's shots - GO NOW, amazing. Go the second one Jonny. :clap

Comments

• SandySandy Registered Users Posts: 762 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2005
    Hi George, I love the vibrant color in the first photo.
  • adrian_kadrian_k Registered Users Posts: 557 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2005
    In the second I'd prefer the focus to be on the leadign edge of the near piece of mango(?) or on the far piece.

However, I prefer the second shot. Although I'm undecided whether I like ir out of focus or I'd prefer it focussed.

George. wrote:
    I took these two images earlier this morning. Stoked on how they turned out but confused to which one i should run - torn between the two. No PS has been done to the shots.
    Advice....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Adrian
    my stuff is here.....
  • George.George. Registered Users Posts: 43 Big grins
    edited October 26, 2005
    adrian_k wrote:
    In the second I'd prefer the focus to be on the leadign edge of the near piece of mango(?) or on the far piece.

However, I prefer the second shot. Although I'm undecided whether I like ir out of focus or I'd prefer it focussed.

thanks for that adrian - i'll definietly think of that next time, makes sense. cant do it now as I ate the delicious thing this morning

:D
  • adrian_kadrian_k Registered Users Posts: 557 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2005
    George. wrote:
    cant do it now as I ate the delicious thing this morning

:D
    Are flowers tasty then?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Adrian
    my stuff is here.....
  • Sask2005Sask2005 Registered Users Posts: 140 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2005
    Blurred
    I would vote for the first except its all blur and nothing catches the eye. I think there;s no focal point. B
  • JCDossJCDoss Registered Users Posts: 189 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2005
    I see fruit and flora, but I see no fauna. ne_nau.gif
  • GREAPERGREAPER Registered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2005
    I like the first one, but I think it is improved slightly by making a levels adjustment, and boosting the contrast a little.

A small satturation boost to give it a little more pop helps too.

I also wish there were something "sharp" in the image, but the artistci choice to go with the soft with emphasis on the color is yours to make.
  • George.George. Registered Users Posts: 43 Big grins
    edited October 26, 2005
    GREAPER wrote:
    I like the first one, but I think it is improved slightly by making a levels adjustment, and boosting the contrast a little.

A small satturation boost to give it a little more pop helps too.

I also wish there were something "sharp" in the image, but the artistci choice to go with the soft with emphasis on the color is yours to make.

the idea was to try and make the yellow buds at the bootom of the flower in focus and keep the purple color of the flower soft - but i m having trouble focusing my camera correctly. // canon ixus 4mp. manual settings i think it was ISO 50, vivid, AWB.

thanks so much for the feedback guys, really stoked on it!!