Options

Who's hitting my website?

2»

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2006
    mmrphoto wrote:
    I'm trying to get the starcounter into my website but I don't think I did it right. I'm on a mac and I don't know exactly where to put the html. The directions seemed to be for PC users.. any suggestions?

Mac, PC, it doesn't matter. The statcounter code goes into your header or footer html. Here's a full tutorial on the subject :D

http://dgrin.smugmug.com/gallery/1092684
  • Options
    BSingerBSinger Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
    edited February 28, 2006
    behr655 wrote:
    I'm using starcounter also. I've just been re-setting the counter after 100 hits.

Bear

How do you reset it?
  • Options
    dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2006
    smut, statcounter, and google
    I followed the javascript method of keeping my e-mail on my smugmug site from being connected by the @ in the code and so far, even with statcounter in my code, I've gotten no smut. 'Course I gave statcounter a different e-mail than the one I have posted on my site.

Google is a little creepy for my tastes-- once you're logged in to gmail and probably their web hit counter, they record EVERYTHING you do on the web. And I'm sure you've all followed the censoring they're doing in China. And the way they use a bot to scan your g-mail/e-mail and send you ads about what you write about... no thank you. There's enough big brother goin' on these days without agreeing to it (as you do when you sign up for gmail).

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+