Upgrade trial

riffmaxriffmax Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
edited December 20, 2011 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I have a Power account and am toying with the idea of upgrading to Pro so that my customers can buy directly from the gallery.

I see where I can do the upgrade. I'm just curious if I can change my mind at any time to go back to Power. For instance, if I discover it does not increase my sales, or if I'm not satisfied with the print quality. I can find information that says I can switch back at any time, but most of those posts seem to be a few years old, so I want to know if that is still the case.

Back to print quality.....can anyone give me feedback on the print labs? I've actually been using snapfish and am satisfied with the results. I saw one 11 x 14 print from smugmug and the paper seemed a little lacking. Any input would be helpful.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2011
    You can downgrade later, no problem, we just do it from the help desk with you. Have you tried printing at Bay Photo? I promise you a world of difference from any lab you've ever used.
  • riffmaxriffmax Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited December 17, 2011
    Bay Photo is not the default printer, correct? I'll keep that in mind and as I get closer to my next event I will probably try the upgrade.

Thanks for the reply.
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2011
    You choose Bay Photo as a pro when you set up your pricelists (and I recommend that!).
  • jsinonjsinon Registered Users Posts: 130 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2011
    Although I haven't sold near as much as I would like, I can tell you you will not be disappointed with the print quality from Bay. Oh yea, I have no reservations about signing on for my second year of pro.
    Jeff Sinon Photography - "Nature Through The Lens"
    FaceBook
    Twitter
    Blog
  • riffmaxriffmax Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited December 20, 2011
    Thanks for the input - I think I'll wait until a little closer to the next event I do to upgrade, but I will definitely give it a try. I hope there's enough room in my pricing to cover Bay Photo - I'm a little on the low side.

Thanks again.