An easy 3D shot

Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
edited December 18, 2011 in Holy Macro
Shot of a passion flower tendril which is fairly easy to get to work as a cross-eye stereogram.
This can be viewed as is by slightly de-focusing your eyes and then cross them until an image appears in the middle and then relax your eyes to get a stable 3-D image. It's worth the trouble!

Sit about 2 feet from the screen.

If you have trouble crossing your eyes , try holding a pencil vertically about 4" in front of your nose and then focus on that. Try to slide it out of the way when you see the third image behind it.
But don't overdo it if you have difficulty- try again later.(headache warning)

Brian V.

6524480901_70399de9af_o.jpg

6524480903_1b4d9d9b91_b.jpg

Comments

• basfltbasflt Registered Users Posts: 1,882 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2011
    i ve been trying this cross-eye thing for years , never managed to see it

[ guess my eyes are stuck or something ] ne_nau.gif
  • D90markD90mark Registered Users Posts: 79 Big grins
    edited December 17, 2011
    Pretty cool. I did manage to get it to work just before I fell out of ma chair. :oogle
  • Bryce WilsonBryce Wilson Registered Users Posts: 1,586 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2011
    Took me about three seconds. It's pretty darn cool!

Now, the million dollar question, what is different in the images that causes that to happen?
  • Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2011
    Thanks for trying and the comments :)

Bryce - basically it's two images taken with an a little sideways movement in between. The movement is not your eye spacing but about 1/30th of the subject distance which for macro shots is not very much. In fact the two shots here are both focus stacks to get greater DOF. This makes the single shot look very flat as there are no DOF clues.
    Brian v.