Christine (7 pics)

NordicNordic Registered Users Posts: 237 Major grins
edited October 28, 2005 in People
Hi!

I didn't share any pictures with you since the nice welcome you gave me a few weeks ago. Time to change that!

Today it is out national holiday. And guess what, I'm sitting here at work...
Doing nothing, just in stand by, in case our web application decides to bite the dust - a thing that has never ever happened in the last 3 years since we made it. Well, that leaves enough time to do something productive... post pics! :)

Today I want to 'introduce' Christine to you. She is a very lovely person and the best friend of my wife and me.
She is also a very good guitarist, and she had her own heavy metal band. She wanted me to do the artwork for a new CD, and photos of the band members for the webpage, cd booklet and so on.

So, since I don't have a studio, we made a test shooting in the Vienna State Opera. I thought this would be a very interesting setting, especially the vast technical areas behind the stages. It was in summer 05, where the opera was closed for public. But since my father used to work there for 30 years, we have certain usefull connections and they let me in wherever I want to go.

I had the Panasonic FZ20 back then, and it was frustrating as hell. The EVF on this thing stays pitch black when there is not much light, even if you have an external flash mounted. :( So, most of the shots turned out to be unuseable. Thank god this was only a test shooting. :)

Anyway, mow I have a DSLR... and the band is no more! :(
She plays in another band now, but they don't have any CDs now, so I guess it will take some time until I get another chance of doing a booklet.

Ok, but I wanted to share some of the pictures.... hehe, I keep getting carried away today...

Here we go, any comments and tips would be highly appreciated!
41622194-M.jpg

On the roof

41500483-M.jpg

A very unusual look for her
(makeup by my wife :) )

41500635-M.jpg

Play along!

41622285-M.jpg

Lets get heavy!! :super

41500129-M.jpg

Having fun in Black and White

41500222-M.jpg

Mysterious...

41500209-M.jpg

Dangerous!!
As you can see, we had lots of fun, even tough most of the pics were bad.

Thanks for looking!

Regards,
Andreas

Comments

• GREAPERGREAPER Registered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2005
    These are great.

I am sure you had a great time. The different shots each convey a different look and a different personality.

I enjoyed them a lot.

Thanks for sharing them.
  • mereimagemereimage Registered Users Posts: 448 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2005
    That last shot could be in Rolling Stone Mag
    I would like to see a little more detail in her hair in that last shot, but considering the conditions you were shooting under its great. Congrats...
    ....................Mereimage
  • adrian_kadrian_k Registered Users Posts: 557 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2005
    yeah, nice set.

I like 'play along', fun idea.

I also like the last two alot - although 'mysterious' I think she's too central in the frame and her hand pose doesn't look very comfortable/natural.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Adrian
    my stuff is here.....
  • SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2005
    That last shot is definitly worthy of a CD cover. Keep up the good work.

Sam
  • NordicNordic Registered Users Posts: 237 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2005
    Hey, thanks a lot guys!!! :D

adrian_k wrote:
    although 'mysterious' I think she's too central in the frame and her hand pose doesn't look very comfortable/natural.
    Yes, you are right, thanks! Now I see what you mean! It would have been better to position her more left, more between the pillars.

Regards,
    Andreas
  • Yuri PautovYuri Pautov Registered Users Posts: 1,918 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2005
    Andreas!
    I find the first and the last one just perfect.
    But... think that HM is not the style for her - she is so... womanish I'd say...
    Spasibo,
    Yuri
  • ehughesehughes Registered Users Posts: 1,675 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2005
    Great series of shots Andreas, but the last one is my favorite....