Options

quick blogcast question

TammyGPhotoTammyGPhoto Registered Users Posts: 153 Major grins
edited December 19, 2011 in Mind Your Own Business
i am not sure where to post this thread..sorry if it is in the wrong spot..

i was wondering if anyone uses the quick blogcast site that comes with the domain name from godaddy.com? i am trying to decide between blogspot and qb...any insight would be greatly appreciated!!

thx!!

Comments

• Options
    edited December 18, 2011
    anyone?
  • Options
    stirinthesaucestirinthesauce Registered Users Posts: 293 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2011
    I use quickblogcast. What about it?
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,258 moderator
    edited December 18, 2011
    Why would you pay for a blog when you can host a blog on blogger for free?

I just took a quick look at this page on GoDaddy - http://www.godaddy.com/blog/blog-software.aspx - and it appears that this is not a free offering.

In what I've seen, whether a blog is good or bad has more to do with the owner than it does with the blogging platform. A blog will only do you good if you post on a regular basis.

I use blogger, and I've used it for years. I've matched the look of my blog to my smug site. When I post photos in my blog a click on the photo takes the viewer to that photo on my smug site.

If you choose to use blogger and you're interested in matching a blogger blog to your smugmug site, take a look at the first post in the thread HOW TO match your blog to your smug site (blogger-specific).

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited December 19, 2011
    Why would you pay for a blog when you can host a blog on blogger for free?

I just took a quick look at this page on GoDaddy - http://www.godaddy.com/blog/blog-software.aspx - and it appears that this is not a free offering.

In what I've seen, whether a blog is good or bad has more to do with the owner than it does with the blogging platform. A blog will only do you good if you post on a regular basis.

I use blogger, and I've used it for years. I've matched the look of my blog to my smug site. When I post photos in my blog a click on the photo takes the viewer to that photo on my smug site.

If you choose to use blogger and you're interested in matching a blogger blog to your smugmug site, take a look at the first post in the thread HOW TO match your blog to your smug site (blogger-specific).

--- Denise

thx denise...i guess i missunderstood..i thought the QB was free...i will def stick with blogger..i already have it up and almost ready...i was planning on setting it to match my site once i get everything squared away...thx for answering!!