Options

Two from Saturdays Oakland U vs Valpariso U

JimKarczewskiJimKarczewski Registered Users Posts: 969 Major grins
edited December 23, 2011 in Sports
First was an oops I ended up liking because of the way it worked out.. My shutter speed got knocked up to 1/400 when I put my camera down during a timeout. Shot this and noticed shutter speed was wrong, corrected and kept shooting. On second look though I really like the way the lights are only really lighting the head/torso, shows the intensity of #23 Reggie Hamilton who was named NBC Sports National Player of the Week. He earned it. 41 of the teams 82 points. Amazing comeback from being down 17pts

i-hHF9PLw-M.jpg

This was his buzzer beater. Grizzlies recovered the ball with about 5 seconds left after the Crusaders were set to take the game into overtime since there was no more shot clock when they gained possession. They didn't take into account they would turn over the ball with time on the clock.. Reggie Hamilton with 1.1 seconds left on the clock took a freethrow line jumper that banked off the backboard into the net just as the buzzer went off to end regulation time.

i-LJ8xCs2-M.jpg

Comments

• Options
    MDalbyMDalby Registered Users Posts: 697 Major grins
    edited December 19, 2011
    Jim,

I am not a Canon guy and I am guessing but... On my Nikon I can lock down my f stop and shutter speed. You can't do that on your Canons?

I agree, I kinda like the first show with the highlight on the upper body but, it still seems underexposed. Can't you have more exposure and still get the same effect with the upper body still more highlighted?
    Nikon D4, 400 2.8 AF-I, 70-200mm 2.8 VR II, 24-70 2.8
    CBS Sports MaxPreps Shooter
    http://DalbyPhoto.com
  • Options
    JimKarczewskiJimKarczewski Registered Users Posts: 969 Major grins
    edited December 20, 2011
    You can only lock the rear dial on the 5DII which I shoot with right now. Really I typically end up knocking the vertical grip which is where the shutter speed is, while I can turn it off, I'll disable the shutter release as well.

I agree, it's a little under for the 1st image, I didn't look as closely as I should had... Will have to play with that a bit to correct it..
  • Options
    LRussoPhotoLRussoPhoto Registered Users Posts: 458 Major grins
    edited December 22, 2011
    MDalby wrote: »
    Jim,

I am not a Canon guy and I am guessing but... On my Nikon I can lock down my f stop and shutter speed. You can't do that on your Canons?

I agree, I kinda like the first show with the highlight on the upper body but, it still seems underexposed. Can't you have more exposure and still get the same effect with the upper body still more highlighted?

I have a d300s, how do I lock the f stop and shutter speed?
    D300s D90
    Nikon 18-105mm,Nikon 18-200mm,Sigma 24-70mm f2.8, Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8

http://LouRusso.SmugMug.com
  • Options
    MDalbyMDalby Registered Users Posts: 697 Major grins
    edited December 23, 2011
    I am not sure if the D300S has the same menu that the D700 has. My D700 has a f5 Assign Fun Button. I assigned my function button to be button and dials and Shutter speed and aperture lock.
    Nikon D4, 400 2.8 AF-I, 70-200mm 2.8 VR II, 24-70 2.8
    CBS Sports MaxPreps Shooter
    http://DalbyPhoto.com