Options

Stree shot, 1865

rteest42rteest42 Registered Users Posts: 540 Major grins
edited December 21, 2011 in Street and Documentary
Hey there, I haven't posted in a great while, but thought I would toss out this fun shot I took the other day, during the Civil War...

IMG4206-Edi12t-2-M.jpg

This is the movie set of Lincoln, Steven Spielberg's movie.

They have turned one of my favorite shooting locations into the winter of 1865 and while the set isn't being used they have allowed people down into Old Towne. I haven't posted many of the images I took yet, but if you wander through the gallery, you can see what it looks like, circa 2011 as well!

Comments

• Options
    toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited December 20, 2011
    Wow what a shooting resource (especially for early and late light)

Look forward to more posts.

Vignetting intentional? No matter nice vintage treatment
    Rags
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,929 moderator
    edited December 21, 2011
    Very cool scene. I think if you were to hang out there for a while you could get some interesting juxtapositions of old and new--people with iPads, maybe a modern car, dunno what's possible there. You found a great background and the processing is nicely done, but IMO you need something in the foreground to complete the picture.
  • Options
    rteest42rteest42 Registered Users Posts: 540 Major grins
    edited December 21, 2011
    Torags, it IS a cool place, even in 2011!! I love it.
    Richard, Unfortunately, there just weren't that many crazy folks out this particular frosty morning, and the set is being taken down today--that is the kind of image I hope to get when I go back...they shouldn't be finished yet. I have so many Christmas things I am supposed to accomplish it really cuts into my sneak around Old Towne Time!!!

I do have more images, just haven't pp them yet.