We need on-screen pricing beside the photos and quick purchase options!!!

lancehopsonlancehopson Registered Users Posts: 43 Big grins
edited December 24, 2011 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
The biggest complain I hear from visitors to my SM sites (yes I have multiple) over the last 2 years is: "I can't tell how much photos are" and "It's not easy to order from you". I wish SM would offer a gallery design that allows a quick pricing window. Zen does this -- which makes them mildly attractive to pros. A simple box to the left or right of a "lightbox" displayed photo that lists quick pricing and check boxes to add to your "cart" for digital downloads, 5x7's, 8x10's, etc... would greatly improve sales.

Let your voice be heard if you want this feature:
http://feedback.smugmug.com/forums/17723-smugmug/suggestions/2469721-on-screen-pricing-beside-the-photo-

Please! Please! Please! Smugmug, empower us with the modern tools we need to get photos sold.

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 22, 2011
    We've longed for a commerce-style, thanks so much for the great feedback and suggestion. We really appreciate it.
  • lancehopsonlancehopson Registered Users Posts: 43 Big grins
    edited December 22, 2011
    Andy wrote: »
    We've longed for a commerce-style, thanks so much for the great feedback and suggestion. We really appreciate it.

Me too. I wish this was scheduled for future deployment. I can't tell you how many times I've been emailed or had people call me and ask, "How do I buy your photos?" Then I get embarrassed because they are embarrassed after I tell them "It's the button above the photo." It's that old saying: If you want to hide something, hide it in plain sight.

Thanks Andy.
  • RKnechtRKnecht Registered Users Posts: 366 Major grins
    edited December 23, 2011
    Whereas this would be a welcomed addition for easier ordering, why not just change the font size/color in the "buy" box. I changed mine to a larger bold font that says "Order Prints" and imy customers thought it made it easier to figure out how to buy. Give it a try and see what happens. You can even make the text stand out by changing the color to something bold that really stands out.
    A few Nikon bodies and some fast Nikon glass

www.richknechtphotography.com
  • jsinonjsinon Registered Users Posts: 130 Major grins
    edited December 24, 2011
    RKnecht wrote: »
    Whereas this would be a welcomed addition for easier ordering, why not just change the font size/color in the "buy" box. I changed mine to a larger bold font that says "Order Prints" and imy customers thought it made it easier to figure out how to buy. Give it a try and see what happens. You can even make the text stand out by changing the color to something bold that really stands out.

Would like to know how you did that! And please be specific, kind of like you are explaining it to a 3 year old, because I'll be honest, I'm pretty stupid when it comes to implementing this kind of stuffne_nau.gif
    Jeff Sinon Photography - "Nature Through The Lens"
    FaceBook
    Twitter
    Blog