For Immediate Sale Canon SLR Outfit bought 8/31/2011 Purchased at B&H under warrant

studio1408studio1408 Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
edited December 31, 2011 in House of Canon
01/02/12 ALL ITEMS SOLD
01/01/12: Remaining
The Sigma 18-200mm f3.5-6.3 DC purchased 9/7/11 from B&H comes with original invoice in my name, is in Mint condition has UV filter on it, hood along with case, original box. Lens purchased for 279.00, UV filter 32.85, hood $19.95. Final Offer $200.00

The Canon 50mm f/1.8 II EF LENS which is also new purchased on the same date still has original box, invoice in my name and UV filter. Retails for $119.00 plus $23.95 for filter. Final offer $75.00 SOLD

Thank you to those who have purchased and inquired.

Canon SLR Outfit bought 8/31/2011 paid 1200.00 selling for $675.00
Purchased at B&H under warranty
Lenses only shot two days

Used- Canon Digital Rebel 450D XSI Black with 18-55 Lens --- Paid 429.90 (mint condition) Camera body sold for 275.00
(New) Sigma 18-200mm f/3.5-6.3 DC Lens f/Canon EOS --- Paid 279.00
(New) Canon 50mm f/1.8 II EF ---- paid 119.00
(New) Zeikos vertical Battery Grip with Shutter Release, etc. for Canon EOS T1I, 450D XSI, XS, --- Paid 59.95 Battery grip sold for 40.00
(New) Canon Speedlite 220EX --- Paid 229.00 Speedlite sold for 150.00
Raynox DCR 150 --- Paid 70.00
Lowepro Slingshot 100 AW Camera Bag -- Paid 72.97 Sold 30.00
also included: all UV filters for lenses with spare filters, battery charger for batteries, software, manual, SD Card, UB Cable

$675.00 Firm

Comments

• RogersDARogersDA Registered Users Posts: 3,502 Major grins
    edited December 25, 2011
    As you are new here do you have any sales rep on any other forum? Seems too good to be true.
  • studio1408studio1408 Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited December 25, 2011
    I've been a long time lurker....I am gonna take this as an insult. ne_nau.gif No sales reps... but only interested in serious inquiries.
    edited December 25, 2011
    studio1408 wrote: »
    I've been a long time lurker....I am gonna take this as an insult. ne_nau.gif No sales reps... but only interested in serious inquiries.
    I guess it is your right to take it as an insult, though that was not the intent. You had one post here and selling almost new gear at half price.

Good luck with the sale now.
  • bluesurfbluesurf Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
    edited December 25, 2011
    RogersDA wrote: »
    I guess it is your right to take it as an insult, though that was not the intent. You had one post here and selling almost new gear at half price.

Good luck with the sale now.

If you're not interested, then butt out.

Merry Christmas, and GLWS!
    edited December 25, 2011
    bluesurf wrote: »
    If you're not interested, then butt out.

Merry Christmas, and GLWS!
    Despite your unfounded opinion in this matter, I was interested in this for my wife.

Furthermore, you do not dictate what/when I post.

And Merry Christmas to you, too.
  • bluesurfbluesurf Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
    edited December 25, 2011
    RogersDA wrote: »
    Despite your unfounded opinion in this matter, I was interested in this for my wife.

Furthermore, you do not dictate what/when I post.

And Merry Christmas to you, too.

Given this, you might consider either publicly expressing interest, or simply pm'ing the seller, rather than questioning a situation.

Good luck to your wife, also.
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited December 26, 2011
    Keep it civil, no personal attacks.

For a first-time poster it's acceptable to ask if they have a selling history elsewhere.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • greatbuffalogreatbuffalo Registered Users Posts: 31 Big grins
    edited December 26, 2011
    I agree. This is no different than the other 10 forums I belong to. There are many folks out there that drop in, get some cash and run. Seen it many times. To ask outright in public could save the seller many PMs asking the same info. I've been asked these questions and ask them myself.

Why is it folks take these basic questions, to protect oneself from fraud, so personally?

If your above board and safe to deal with, say so. If not, you stand the chance of sitting on your goods for awhile.
    edited December 26, 2011
    I agree. This is no different than the other 10 forums I belong to. There are many folks out there that drop in, get some cash and run. Seen it many times. To ask outright in public could save the seller many PMs asking the same info. I've been asked these questions and ask them myself.

Why is it folks take these basic questions, to protect oneself from fraud, so personally?

If your above board and safe to deal with, say so. If not, you stand the chance of sitting on your goods for awhile.

Folks, I am not here to drop in get cash and run. I have had a long time smugmug acct for 5 years. A resent issue with family health is why I am selling out and selling so cheap. It did offend me when someone implied I was here for the wrong reasons. I have actually bought equipment from this forum a few years ago. I use to frequent this forum but found it very rude and decided not to participate in conversation where you either got no help or sarcastic replies. I have as mentioned bought from the flea market in the past and did it through PM's. I thought someone may find this a good deal and PM me for info. I'm not surprised it has escalated to rudeness again.

The camera body is sold I do still have lenses if someone wants to make an offer.
  • DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited December 27, 2011
    Studio,
    You seem to be taking this very personally, so as the mod of this forum, I would like to apologize for what you perceive as a cold welcome. However, I see no rudeness in greatbuffalo's post. On the contrary I'd ask that you see it from the other side: these other dgrinners are simply trying to perform some due diligence before agreeing to an online transaction - something which is highly encouraged.

Thank you, and good luck with the rest of your sale.
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

edited December 27, 2011
    Remaining items available
    The Sigma 18-200mm f3.5-6.3 DC purchased 9/7/11 from B&H comes with original invoice in my name, is in Mint condition has UV filter on it, hood along with case, original box. Lens purchased for 279.00, UV filter 32.85, hood $19.95. Asking 200.00

The Canon 50mm f/1.8 II EF LENS which is also new purchased on the same date still has original box, invoice in my name and UV filter. Retails for $119.00. Asking $75.00 Sold
    edited December 27, 2011
    DoctorIt wrote: »
    Studio,
    You seem to be taking this very personally, so as the mod of this forum, I would like to apologize for what you perceive as a cold welcome. However, I see no rudeness in greatbuffalo's post. On the contrary I'd ask that you see it from the other side: these other dgrinners are simply trying to perform some due diligence before agreeing to an online transaction - something which is highly encouraged.

Thank you, and good luck with the rest of your sale.

Hi DoctorIt, let me apologize as well. When health issues suddenly arise and you have to part with your equipment it can cause stress, however when I posted my equipment here I did not go into detail as to why I was selling out as it is a private matter. I have used this forum to buy before and watch for sales so I didn't think viewers would take it as "too good to be true or someone trying to make a quick buck, etc." I have a recent health issue and the equipment was purchased 8/31/11 and 9/7/11 at the nearing of fall. I am a seasonal shooter for the most part so it has been on the shelf for the past few months. When I learned of my eye condition and I must sell....I jumped in in case someone was shopping for the holidays. My son is also in Afghanistan and has been recently hit, so we are under enormous pressure here. I still do not feel like my original post was out of the rules of the forum and have tried to emphasize I'd rather take a loss than the equipment go to waste but did not feel like personal matters needed to be disclosed. I hope you can see my point. Thank you
    edited December 29, 2011
    Studio1408,

I know the intent was to avoid sympathy and I respect and admire that in a person, but I am sensitive to your situation and hope for positive outcomes for you.

That being said, I am possibly interested in the lenses but would have to check with my boss (read wife) to see what I could do. Is the Sigma an IS or nonIS lens? I didn't see it stated on their website.

Is the 50 mm the one that is so often referred to as the "nifty fifty"?

Thanks
    edited December 29, 2011
    Studio1408,

I know the intent was to avoid sympathy and I respect and admire that in a person, but I am sensitive to your situation and hope for positive outcomes for you.

That being said, I am possibly interested in the lenses but would have to check with my boss (read wife) to see what I could do. Is the Sigma an IS or nonIS lens? I didn't see it stated on their website.

Thanks

Thank you so much here is the link to the Sigma and specifications http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/373747-REG/Sigma_777101_18_200mm_f_3_5_6_3_DC_Lens.html

and the Canon 50mm http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/12142-USA/Canon_2514A002_Normal_EF_50mm_f_1_8.html

The 50 I bought because it is suppose to be the "gem" lens but with my situation didn't get to shoot it much. I am sure B&H can answer your question better than me since I am not real techie on lenses but I'll help all I can and again thank you for interest.
  • DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited December 30, 2011
    If I may help w/general questions:
    Is the Sigma an IS or nonIS lens? I didn't see it stated on their website.
    No, IS is a Canon technology. Sigma has a stabilization mechanism, but only on very few lenses - definitely not this one.
    Yes.
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

edited December 30, 2011
    thank you
    edited December 30, 2011
    Thanks for the info guys. I'll chat with my wife tonight and see if lets me spend some more cash. Not promising anything but fingers crossed.
    edited December 30, 2011
    Thanks for the info guys. I'll chat with my wife tonight and see if lets me spend some more cash. Not promising anything but fingers crossed.

That would be nice, I hate to have them sitting all boxed up and you know B&H they are great people but once your 90 days to return an item is up they won't give you much .... anyways everyone have a good New Year!
    edited December 31, 2011
    Final Offer
    is listed under original listing......come on folks jam up lenses. ne_nau.gif