Big Waves in Big Sur today

dereksurfsdereksurfs Registered Users Posts: 286 Major grins
edited December 25, 2011 in Landscapes
I woke up before sunrise with the idea of possibly catching some stars first along the coast. Skies were clear, stars were bright. So I took a bunch of shots of the stars, followed by a beautiful sunrise. In fact the sunrise with large waves were so interesting that I filled up an 8 gig card before quite finishing. So I popped in another card and took a few more shots as the light started getting too harsh. Then I went against my own photographers code and put the CF card in my jacket pocket instead of my backpack where I normally always place them for safe keeing. And upon return I realized the card had somehow fallen out of my jacket pocket. Doh!!! ??? Painful lesson of why CF cards always need to go where they belong. Anyway here are some snaps after the best light. But at least you can see the size of the waves and get a feeling for the beauty of the day. It was still a great way to spend the morning. :D

24Dec119088A2-XL.jpg

24Dec119124ACr-XL.jpg

24Dec119135ACr-XL.jpg

24Dec119157A3-XL.jpg

Comments

• kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited December 25, 2011
    Wow, bummer about losing your CF card. That's every photographer's worst nightmare, especially after investing half a night's work. Fortunately you managed to salvage some gorgeous shots of the morning anyway. thumb.gif