Options

Work from class....

BBstringerBBstringer Registered Users Posts: 101 Major grins
edited December 29, 2011 in People
A tri grip with a painter's lamp and a daylight balanced bulb.

i-SjtPxTj-XL.jpg

i-BZvMzNG-XL.jpg

i-2R7mD34-XL.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Comments

• Options
    IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited December 26, 2011
    Nice. I particularly like #1. You got some beautiful shaping to her face with such a simple setup. I think her arm is too bright though. I know you were trying to feature her tat, but it's still too bright IMO. I also wish the light had been positioned just a bit higher. The shadow from her nose seems to be angling up.
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
  • Options
    Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    edited December 26, 2011
    Icebear wrote: »
    Nice. I particularly like #1. You got some beautiful shaping to her face with such a simple setup. I think her arm is too bright though. I know you were trying to feature her tat, but it's still too bright IMO. I also wish the light had been positioned just a bit higher. The shadow from her nose seems to be angling up.

+1 And, I would have you look at her hand in number one...be careful when you hide part of a hand. In number one, it looks like she has a lobster claw for a hand.
    Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
    Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed
  • Options
    BBstringerBBstringer Registered Users Posts: 101 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2011
    Good points, thanks to both.
  • Options
    zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited December 28, 2011
    Very pretty young lady, the light looks nice.
    These are nice portraits, as mentioned the light is to low.
    Think of your light source as the sun and try to have the main light come from a "sunlike" angle, generally.
  • Options
    xposureproxposurepro Banned Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited December 29, 2011
    Always tell them to "fake touch" and show an example by smashing your own face into your hand. Barely touching to give the illusion of resting your head photographs better with most people with that area of the face. For women that don't get it just have them slide that hand back behind the jaw and under the ear