Options

Pollen waterfall

GOLDENORFEGOLDENORFE Super Moderators Posts: 4,747 moderator
edited January 1, 2012 in Holy Macro
my first focus stack with new pc, 13 frames stacked in zerene in 62 seconds!!!!! :clap amazing!

450d, mpe at x5 mag i found using old 450 better for these than 5d2 at x5 mag
phil

6569846521_08e0ed66f7_o.jpg
POLLEN WATERFALL 2011 by GOLDENORFE, on Flickr

Comments

• Options
    Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited December 26, 2011
    Wonderful stack Phil.
    Why better- just better mag/IQ ?

Brian V.
  • Options
    edited December 26, 2011
    Why better- just better mag/IQ ?

Brian V.

i shot with both bodies ,when filling the frame with crop sensor 450 i found it a lot easier to see where focal point needed changing between each frame. especially with so many frames shot and a single small subject in frame. on 5d2 this single stamen was too small to see where each frame needed to merge with next if you know what i mean
  • Options
    paddler4paddler4 Registered Users Posts: 976 Major grins
    edited December 26, 2011
  • Options
    edited December 27, 2011
    GOLDENORFE wrote: »
    i shot with both bodies ,when filling the frame with crop sensor 450 i found it a lot easier to see where focal point needed changing between each frame. especially with so many frames shot and a single small subject in frame. on 5d2 this single stamen was too small to see where each frame needed to merge with next if you know what i mean

Hadn't really thought about it but guess the 1.6crop camera must have a more magnifying viewfinder, so understand the problem.

Brian V.
  • Options
    edited December 31, 2011
    Yes Brian, but on the full frame at x5. The stamen only filled less than quarter of the frame, on crop body it filled 3/4. so was much easier to see where each frame for the stack needed to be focused, more imortant with this many frames .
    How do u manage when shooting the high mag fushias stamens ?
  • Options
    IPClarkIPClark Registered Users Posts: 2,355 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2011
    Lovely Stack Phil. New PC, always a nice thing :)

ps, I've not been around much, more so I've not touched the camera for weeks :(. Too busy preparing for a job interview to get a job.... doing my own job :-/!! pff... Hope you guys are well.
  • Options
    edited January 1, 2012
    GOLDENORFE wrote: »
    Yes Brian, but on the full frame at x5. The stamen only filled less than quarter of the frame, on crop body it filled 3/4. so was much easier to see where each frame for the stack needed to be focused, more imortant with this many frames .
    How do u manage when shooting the high mag fushias stamens ?

I normally do the high mag flower bits shots indoors and sometimes use a halogen table lamp to help brighten the subject. I think I only really concentrate on getting the focus right on the first outer shot visually and then rely on touch when moving the camera as much as actually seeing the next focus point.

Brian V