Options

A couple hours with Angela

masterofonemasterofone Registered Users Posts: 191 Major grins
edited December 30, 2011 in People
Our "plan", was lets just start shooting and see what happens.

BSP2142-L.jpg

BSP1914-L.jpg

BSP2120-L.jpg

BSP1837-L.jpg

i-h3mRCxD-L.jpg

i-2chWbjq-L.jpg

i-jjGHTFH-L.jpg

i-vT6MXLr-L.jpg
Brian
Have keyboard and opinion.

Senska Photography

Comments

• Options
    HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2011
    Nice work and really love #4 but a longer lens to not distort her hand. Got to steal this one, thanks.
  • Options
    edited December 27, 2011
    Thanks. If you really like it, you should be able to replace my watermark with yours in about 3 seconds. ;-)
    Brian

Senska Photography
  • Options
    jpcjpc Registered Users Posts: 840 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2011
    Great set! Excellent processing and posing. Very nice.
  • Options
    zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2011
    Good stuff. The only one I don't really like is 6.
    Love that first shot, and the 5th one.
    I like 2 but the crop feels awkward, crop well into the visible foot or right above it maybe.
    Nice creative work.
  • Options
    edited December 27, 2011
    Thanks. The crop on that shot is due to the fact that that is the only shot I took on that blanket. The blanket was too small so I said forget it. When I reviewed the images I really liked it so I went with what I had. You can see around the edges where I had to clone in more blanket.
    Brian

Senska Photography
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2011
    Looks like you both had fun shoot...............nice!

Sam
  • Options
    edited December 27, 2011
    Thanks for looking. I always have fun shooting.
    Brian

Senska Photography
  • Options
    xposureproxposurepro Banned Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited December 29, 2011
    Love #2
  • Options
    New Hope StudiosNew Hope Studios Registered Users Posts: 39 Big grins
    edited December 30, 2011
    I really love your post-processing techniques... I'd love to know what you did if you are willing to share. The post-processing has a Norman Rockwell feel to it... I have always loved his paintings. Please share! Nice job.
  • Options
    edited December 30, 2011
    I really love your post-processing techniques... I'd love to know what you did if you are willing to share. The post-processing has a Norman Rockwell feel to it... I have always loved his paintings. Please share! Nice job.

Thank you.
    Aperture 3 is my primary editing tool. Everything starts there. 1st exposure, 2nd white balance and then curves levels and black point if needed. Next I will work on the skin and remove a pimple or nose hair or stubble and do some smoothing if needed. (not that anybody I shoot would ever need such fixesrolleyes1.gif) Now is when I would play with the color and change saturation, luminance, DEFINITION etc. Finally the image is sharpened if needed. At this point I am still working with a RAW image which in my case is a .NEF file. It is important that all the major work is done while the image is a raw file because in the next step the image will be converted to a .TIFF and I will not be able to fine tune the image nearly as well once this happens.

Images 2, 7, and 8 were made in Aperture 3 only. At this point the other images went into an editing tool called Topaz Adjust. In topaz I can make dramatic and obviously unnatural changes to exposure, details, sharpness and color. This is what produces the rockwell effect as you described it. I don't really have a workflow to share within topaz but I usually start with exposure and from there it is just a free for all until I see what I like for that image. If I have a series of similar images I will create a preset and once all the work is done in aperture I can then just drag the image into topaz and hit the "angela with scarf" preset and have a finished image.

basic editing in aperture 3

i-vT6MXLr-L.jpg

a touch of topaz

i-RvZ9bB2-L.jpg
    Brian

Senska Photography
  • Options
    New Hope StudiosNew Hope Studios Registered Users Posts: 39 Big grins
    edited December 30, 2011
    Thanks Brian. I'll have to check out Topaz.