Perth Airport Observation Platform

SventekozSventekoz Registered Users Posts: 500 Major grins
edited December 27, 2011 in Other Cool Shots
I went out to the new observation platform today, for the first time. It's quite a good spot to get shots of aircraft, although a lot would depend on the wind direction and, therefore, which runway they're using. Here's a sequence of a 747 landing (obviously! :D). Thanks for looking.

DSC7951-XL.jpg

DSC7962-XL.jpg

DSC7967-XL.jpg

DSC7977-XL.jpg

DSC7981-XL.jpg
John

Comments

• DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2011
    Darn that's a big plane :D Never seen one before. Really like #2 and #4 thumb.gif
  • SventekozSventekoz Registered Users Posts: 500 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2011
    Thanks Mary - glad you like them. If people are interested, you can see the whole set here: http://sventekoz.smugmug.com/Airplanes/Perth-Airport/20765256_ckq4pL. There are probably some liverys that are rarely seen outside Western Australia and Australia.
    John
  • moose135moose135 Registered Users Posts: 1,420 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2011
    Nice sequence, John. I really like the smoky touchdown shot with the tower in the background. It's been a while since I've shot a QANTAS 744 - they switched to an A330 into NY. Have you had "Wunala Dreaming" visit Perth? That's one to catch if you haven't yet.
  • SventekozSventekoz Registered Users Posts: 500 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2011
    Thanks Moose. I'm sure that one has been to Perth, but I haven't seen it. You're right, it would be a great one to catch. I'll see if I can find a schedule for it.
    John