Small town Christmas Eve

rt2photort2photo Registered Users Posts: 143 Major grins
edited December 27, 2011 in Landscapes
Christmas Eve - I took 30mins away from the bedlam of the family, and setup my tripod and camera at the edge of the road in 22f temperatures - I wanted to get a really nice shot of my towns green, with their lit up bandstand and the local church, before it got too dark. I'd already been foiled a couple of times, both by bad weather, and once I got setup then realized I'd left my CF card back in the reader at home!

So, I was very happy to finally get there, and get this shot, especially with it being Christmas Eve :)

6566460773_1dc4c8c67a_z.jpg
Templeton Common on Christmas Eve by paulcjones, on Flickr

Comments

• TrackerTracker Registered Users Posts: 155 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2011
    perfect time of day lighting & great scene selection.

(nitpicks) Think a little more "head" room would help. Not sure if you were cropping out uglies on either side, but I think that would help, also if you coud give them a little room to breathe. Lens distortion correction on the steeple would be nice, too
  • rt2photort2photo Registered Users Posts: 143 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2011
    Tracker wrote: »
    perfect time of day lighting & great scene selection.

(nitpicks) Think a little more "head" room would help. Not sure if you were cropping out uglies on either side, but I think that would help, also if you coud give them a little room to breathe. Lens distortion correction on the steeple would be nice, too

Unfortunately thats pretty much the full frame - I was shooting with a 28mm prime on a 7D, and if I backed up any further, I'd be in traffic! I did take some with more space above the bandstand, but it cropped the lit up hedges a little oddly, and I wanted to make sure they were included too

I'll play with some lens correction when I'm home tonight and see if I can't straighten it up a bit - thanks for the feedback! :D
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited December 27, 2011
    Very nice scene, although wider would have been even better. Sometimes one does have to play in traffic to get the shot. mwink.gif