Ch 50 - a couple of shots

snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
edited October 28, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
"Red" has a pink nose, grey spots on his tongue and red hair. He's definitely a mixed breed. He was hunting mice in the bushes and I cought him in front of a nice berry bush.
41684832-L.jpg

Why is Roxy so sad? Well, I told her to sit and stay. Who wants to do that on beautiful day? But I cought her in front of the red leaves. Whish she would smile a bit.
41692873-M.jpg

I don't know if these fit the challenge, but that's all I can come up with so far. Any thoughts?
"A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
Susan Appel Photography My Blog

Comments

• dimmdimm Registered Users Posts: 47 Big grins
    edited October 27, 2005
    Not so color for me. Both shots presents single color.
    IMHO.
  • johnojohno Registered Users Posts: 617 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2005
    Of course I love the shots... They're dogs. :D However, they don't "grab" me and make me see a theme. BTW, I don't think I have ever seen a dog photo win a challenge or even make it in the top 10.

ne_nau.gif

Shots like these are "family" pics for me. I hang them on my office wall.

peace.
    johno~
    If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.
    ~Mother Teresa

Canon 1D Mark II / Canon 50D / Canon 30D / Canon G9
    Canon 50mm 1.4
    Canon 24-105 f/4 L IS / Canon 70-200 f/2.8 L

blog
    johno's gallery
  • snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2005
    johno wrote:
    Of course I love the shots... They're dogs. :D However, they don't "grab" me and make me see a theme. BTW, I don't think I have ever seen a dog photo win a challenge or even make it in the top 10.

ne_nau.gif

Shots like these are "family" pics for me. I hang them on my office wall.

peace.
    johno~
    Yeah, you're right Johno. "Family" shots for sure. But, I want to get in on the fun. I can't find any good subjects around here. I'll keep looking. Thanks for taking the time.

Dimm, thanks for your input too. I appreciate it.
  • PossumCornerPossumCorner Registered Users Posts: 290 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2005
    Dogs and Yuccas
    Snappy I would rather meet your lovely dogs than the yucca spears lying in wait, but the yuccas win it for the Challenge. Could we lobby for a dogs-welcome theme for a Challenge? Needn't be totally dog-centric to rule out the antis - just something like dog in a landscape/seascape/cityscape. (Or maybe it belongs more as an Assignment like #1 Flying).
  • snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2005
    Snappy I would rather meet your lovely dogs than the yucca spears lying in wait, but the yuccas win it for the Challenge. Could we lobby for a dogs-welcome theme for a Challenge? Needn't be totally dog-centric to rule out the antis - just something like dog in a landscape/seascape/cityscape. (Or maybe it belongs more as an Assignment like #1 Flying).
    yelrotflmao.gifWatch out for the deadly yucca spears!

Dogs are safer.mwink.gif

Yep, a dogs welcome challenge would be fun. clap.gif

Thanks for dropping by. Enjoyed it.