Fall River Nova Scotia

BailiejoBailiejo Registered Users Posts: 99 Big grins
edited December 29, 2011 in Landscapes
Fall-River-Shutter-Test-XL.jpg

Comments

• SnowgirlSnowgirl Registered Users Posts: 2,155 Major grins
    edited December 28, 2011
    Did you shoot this in Oct.? Looks like the water is high and fast - as it has been everywhere in the Maritimes this fall / early winter. Today's rain hasn't helped. Nice job blending the smoothing and the crispness of the foreground and background.
    Creating visual and verbal images that resonate with you.
    http://www.imagesbyceci.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ImagesByCeci
    Picadilly, NB, Canada
  • D90markD90mark Registered Users Posts: 79 Big grins
    edited December 28, 2011
    Nice capture. This looks like a really nice place to do a lot of shooting. It would be a bad day to loose your footing there.
  • dlsdls Registered Users Posts: 385 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2011
    Nice shot. Defintely captures the power of the river well.
  • BailiejoBailiejo Registered Users Posts: 99 Big grins
    edited December 29, 2011
    Snowgirl wrote: »
    Did you shoot this in Oct.? Looks like the water is high and fast - as it has been everywhere in the Maritimes this fall / early winter. Today's rain hasn't helped. Nice job blending the smoothing and the crispness of the foreground and background.

Yes, I did shoot this in the fall. I believe it was my third class assignment (basic point and shoot class) and the best picture I've ever taken. I bought my first camera in September and been playing ever since. I'm scheduled for a DSLR class in January ... can't wait to learn new things. Still only have a kit lens.
  • BailiejoBailiejo Registered Users Posts: 99 Big grins
    edited December 29, 2011
    D90mark wrote: »
    Nice capture. This looks like a really nice place to do a lot of shooting. It would be a bad day to loose your footing there.

OMG - you hit the nail on the head... Had I slipped on that bank, I would not be typing right now. This was after a major rain storm and the water was "rushing through the lock". After I got back home, I sort of gave my head a shake and said "What were you doing"?. There is a better spot in this area but you have to slide down a fairly steep hill......maybe next time.
  • D90markD90mark Registered Users Posts: 79 Big grins
    edited December 29, 2011
    It's pretty amazing what we will do for a shot. I try to stop and reflect a bit and think things over, as hard as that is at times.