Ch:50 Yeah or nay?

behr655behr655 Registered Users Posts: 552 Major grins
edited October 27, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
Shot this today at Palmyra Nature Center. We don't have much color in our area yet but I thought this shot might work. Yeah or nay?

41715155-M.jpg

Bear

Comments

• GREAPERGREAPER Registered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2005
    I think it's a nice scene, but it doesn't say "color" to me.
  • Eric&SusanEric&Susan Registered Users Posts: 1,280 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2005
    15524779-Ti.gif

It just doesn't "pop". The good news is you still got 4 days to come up with something.
    Keep shootingthumb.gif

Eric
    "My dad taught me everything I know, unfortunately he didn't teach me everything he knows" Dale Earnhardt Jr

It's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you're not.

http://photosbyeric.smugmug.com
  • johnojohno Registered Users Posts: 617 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2005
    Nay. If the shadow wasn't in the front I might see it a bit different. My guess is it looks a lot different standing there than the photo really shows.

peace.
    johno~
    If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.
    ~Mother Teresa

Canon 1D Mark II / Canon 50D / Canon 30D / Canon G9
    Canon 50mm 1.4
    Canon 24-105 f/4 L IS / Canon 70-200 f/2.8 L

blog
    johno's gallery
  • behr655behr655 Registered Users Posts: 552 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2005
    johno wrote:
    My guess is it looks a lot different standing there than the photo really shows.

peace.
    johno~
    No, it looked pretty much like that. As you can see it was very overcast with only small patches of sunlight. I kind of like the shadow and was torn about posting this one as I new others probably wouldn't like it. I think the shadow is part of nature's colors.
    I chose it over this one but what do I know? :D

41715144-M.jpg

Bear
  • snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2005
    I like this second one better. I like the lighting of it. It's still not "colorful", but these are the colors of nature, are they not? I think the light makes it.
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog
  • behr655behr655 Registered Users Posts: 552 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2005
    snapapple wrote:
    I like this second one better. I like the lighting of it. It's still not "colorful", but these are the colors of nature, are they not? I think the light makes it.
    Thanks. I'm still a little torn because I think the first one has more drama. I like them both though.
    I'm bushwhacking in the Pines on Saturday. Maybe I'll get some better shots then.

Bear