Options

Eye for the camera...

wlpearcewlpearce Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
edited December 30, 2011 in People
I don't intend this to be political at all (hope it doesn't go that route), and I realize this isn't exactly portrait photography, like most of your posts... but it is "people", and I thought you might be interested. I recently had an opportunity to shoot a Newt Gingrich event and was surprised by how much attention I got from him. I was just a nobody in the crowd, but he definitely has an eye for the camera (I guess most politicians do). He has a very engaging gaze...

Newt-Gingrich-Jacksonville-L.jpg

In this one, I like how he's framed in the heads. Clearly, I'm not in the front of the crowd, but he still looks past the crowd into the camera.

Newt-Gingrich-Jacksonville-L.jpg

Regards...

http://www.wlpearce.com

Comments

• Options
    TravelTravel Registered Users Posts: 276 Major grins
    edited December 30, 2011
    For quick shots they came out pretty good.
  • Options
    HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited December 30, 2011
    With a Democratic camera the results would have been different...........just kidding. Nice catch but the Iphone lady was taking your snap.
  • Options
    edited December 30, 2011
    Travel wrote: »
    For quick shots they came out pretty good.

They were definitely quick. Light stunk, and way too far away for a flash. And, of couse, positioning (mine and his) was a constant problem. I was pleased with them considering the challenges. Thanks.
  • Options
    BrettDeutschBrettDeutsch Registered Users Posts: 365 Major grins
    edited December 30, 2011
    wlpearce wrote: »
    he definitely has an eye for the camera (I guess most politicians do).
    You're right about most politicians having an eye for the camera. I've photographed quite a few of them professionally and for fun (though most come from the other side of the aisle), and like most celebrities, almost all of them have a knack for knowing when you're going to shoot and making good eye contact. I've taken hundreds of photos of then-Senator Obama, and I don't think I have a single one with him blinking or with an odd expression.
  • Options
    edited December 30, 2011
    Hackbone wrote: »
    With a Democratic camera the results would have been different...........just kidding. Nice catch but the Iphone lady was taking your snap.

He might have broken the proverbial lens of a Democratic camera! :D