Options

DSS 93: New to me

KavKav Registered Users Posts: 80 Big grins
edited December 31, 2011 in The Dgrin Challenges
I have had to completely rebuild and reinvent my life this year. I got rid of almost everything I own to just start over. Thanks goodness. It's been a hell of a ride to boot!

One of the things I did was start taking photography seriously. But I found that shooting digital was a little too fast paced for me, so I decided to work on the basics. The best way I felt was to shoot film. But I wanted a full manual camera. So what to get? I dug around eBay for awhile, and felt that an old press camera would be a good start. With that in mind I began my search. After looking for a while I found my camera. It was the camera, the case, film holders, the flash and so on. Just what I was looking for! It had a little history to it too, that's always a nice touch. So on a huch I pulled the trigger and got a camera that was what I was hoping for and so much more. I've come to love using the ground glass, and getting faster at using the range finder. I have taken it all kinds of silly places, and have spent a lot of time hanging out of the back of helicopters with it.

So with that I give you my something old:
i-CT3tc3D.jpg
My Graflex Speed Graphic.
From the USS Alabama Circa 1945

I'm going to see if I can get a better lit photo of this camera. Feel free to CC :D

Comments

• Options
    angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2011
    Okay! Nice find! And definietly nice camera too. But you can also make more compelling photos of this beauty. Try extending the bellows and shooting it straight on as well as shooting it from a multitude of angles to see what you can really bring out in this Old thing.

Cheers,
    tom wise
  • Options
    KavKav Registered Users Posts: 80 Big grins
    edited December 31, 2011
    angevin1 wrote: »
    Okay! Nice find! And definietly nice camera too. But you can also make more compelling photos of this beauty. Try extending the bellows and shooting it straight on as well as shooting it from a multitude of angles to see what you can really bring out in this Old thing.

Cheers,

You know what? That gives me a heck of a good idea. Now to see if I can get it to work out like I see in my head...

Thanks!