Options

Shanghai-comments please

swerlswerl Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
edited January 3, 2012 in People
This is my first post so I'm not sure if this is the right place. If it is, I'd appreciate any thoughts/critiques. If not, please direct me to the right place. Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    CowboydougCowboydoug Registered Users Posts: 401 Major grins
    edited December 30, 2011
    Howdy & welcome... My absolute 1st impression was... Okay... So what's the subject/story here? I love the motion in your primary subject hands but don't like his face blurred... I just think it takes to much from the shot. Were he in focus & just his hand blurred... Well you get it. The way it is I just keep going back to the image asking... What's it about. And maybe that's your trick... To keep me coming back? Thanks for sharing...
    I'm a Kidnapper... I take terrible pictures of people, then hold them for ransom.

Cowboydoug
    Certified Journeyman Commercial Photographer
    www.iWasThereToo.com
  • Options
    D3SshooterD3Sshooter Registered Users Posts: 1,187 Major grins
    edited December 30, 2011
    holly smoke, the are smoking and cooking at the same time... Now back to the picture. Although the content is interesting the technical side is a bit weak. Was this a snapshot or candit shot ? In each case the motion blur is a bit all over. Maybe you had a to slow shutter speed ? or not a steady hand.
    A photographer without a style, is like a pub without beer
  • Options
    edited December 30, 2011
    Thanks for the comments. It was totally impromptu. Since they are people I know, I've always had a soft spot for this picture, but wondered how much was my personal bias.
  • Options
    New Hope StudiosNew Hope Studios Registered Users Posts: 39 Big grins
    edited January 1, 2012
    I think it is a very interesting shot, but I will agree that the blur on the fore-person's face is unfortunate and would have made this an awesome shot if it hadn't been blurred. However, I do see why you like the shot. I find it interesting to look at. Do you have any more? I think this shot in a series of shots would be great.
  • Options
    edited January 3, 2012
    I think it is a very interesting shot, but I will agree that the blur on the fore-person's face is unfortunate and would have made this an awesome shot if it hadn't been blurred. However, I do see why you like the shot. I find it interesting to look at. Do you have any more? I think this shot in a series of shots would be great.

Thanks. I have others from Shanghai, but not from this event. Can't wait to find an excuse to go back.
    My master plan was to get some feedback on a few shots from the trip over time, but didn't want to overwhelm.