Options

More Indiana Basketball... with Glenn Robinson's son..

JimKarczewskiJimKarczewski Registered Users Posts: 969 Major grins
edited January 23, 2012 in Sports
Unfortunately Mr. Glenn Robinson III's dad wasn't at this game, don't know how I missed him the last game? But this is Glenn Robinson's (ex-NBA Superstar) son playing for one of the local schools I cover...

370.jpg

371.jpg

and a few other game shots..

372.jpg

373.jpg

374.jpg

I did a little different last night, this was 5 lights. 2 on each baseline and one about mid court set to 35mm vs the standard 50mm zoom. All set to 1/8 +2/3 power... all with battery packs (didn't have a single lost shot until the end of the game when I realized one of my lights wasn't set to use power only from the battery pack. Ugh!)

Complete gallery
http://www.jimkarczewski.com/Sporting-Events/HSBasketball11/LaPorte-Lake-Central-123011

Comments

• Options
    johngjohng Registered Users Posts: 1,658 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2012
    A couple observations:
    1) you need to get your lights up - you're getting way too many shadows from other players which really doesn't look good. Right now the bright lights and shadows are more of a distraction than a help.
    2) wide angle does not work well at HS level - the backgrounds are terrible and very distracting.
  • Options
    JimKarczewskiJimKarczewski Registered Users Posts: 969 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2012
    johng wrote: »
    A couple observations:
    1) you need to get your lights up - you're getting way too many shadows from other players which really doesn't look good. Right now the bright lights and shadows are more of a distraction than a help.
    2) wide angle does not work well at HS level - the backgrounds are terrible and very distracting.

1. Can't at some locations. 13.5ft light stands are the best that can be done.
    2. Yep, my 70-200 is in 2 pieces, so gotta do what I gotta do.. and 24-70 was the only option. Don't tell that to the news shooters around here, one guy LOVES the 16-35 for basketball..
  • Options
    MDalbyMDalby Registered Users Posts: 697 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2012
    Jim,

Bummer on the 70-200. I think the 24-70 works fine. I want to take some for a change of pace with mine.

I am going to try to use my White Lightnings this next game and bounce and see what kind of results I get.
    Nikon D4, 400 2.8 AF-I, 70-200mm 2.8 VR II, 24-70 2.8
    CBS Sports MaxPreps Shooter
    http://DalbyPhoto.com
  • Options
    zSCOTTzzSCOTTz Registered Users Posts: 169 Major grins
    edited January 23, 2012
    He's coming to Michigan next year, hopefully he is all that, looks like he needs to bulk up a bit for the big ten.