lensmolelensmole Registered Users Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited December 30, 2011
    That's a great shot .
  • Options
    Quincy TQuincy T Registered Users Posts: 1,090 Major grins
    edited December 30, 2011
    lensmole wrote: »
    That's a great shot .

Thanks lens. I really wanted a shot with everyone staring directly into their desks, but that just never happened...couples kept meeting up, and sitting for 15 minutes or so, and then they would leave and then there'd be this empty space. This was the closest I got, and I wonder if the shot would've been better or worse without the one fella looking around. I sit here and I think "maybe that's what made this one good....is this even remotely good...i am a failure" hahaha, okay I'm not that bad, but yeah.
  • Options
    lensmolelensmole Registered Users Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited December 30, 2011
    Thanks lens. I really wanted a shot with everyone staring directly into their desks, but that just never happened...couples kept meeting up, and sitting for 15 minutes or so, and then they would leave and then there'd be this empty space. This was the closest I got, and I wonder if the shot would've been better or worse without the one fella looking around. I sit here and I think "maybe that's what made this one good....is this even remotely good...i am a failure" hahaha, okay I'm not that bad, but yeah.

IMO he breaks up the pattern of shapes I think this is good ,their are good lines and shapes in this image from the floor,stools,people and onto the advertisements on the wall in the back ground, everything is kind of symmetrical and he breaks that pattern up if it were two or three people looking around in other directions it might not have worked as well .Also had he been facing forward like the rest I don't think it would have work as well as this, it helps that he is looking right. thumb.gifthumb
  • Options
    SamoBikerSamoBiker Registered Users Posts: 41 Big grins
    edited December 31, 2011
    I agree that the one guy looking up helps the image. It stands out and my eye gravitates to him. It does look like his white shirt is a little blown out though.
  • Options
    toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2011
    Nice shot.

I rather like the guy turned (adds an anomaly)
    Rags
  • Options
    RSLRSL Registered Users Posts: 839 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2011
    It's a fine shot, Quincy. And I agree with Rags.
  • Options
    Quincy TQuincy T Registered Users Posts: 1,090 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2011
    torags wrote: »
    Nice shot.

I rather like the guy turned (adds an anomaly)
    RSL wrote: »
    It's a fine shot, Quincy. And I agree with Rags.

Thanks, gents. I'm glad the one I didn't really want turned out to be the one I needed. It's growing on me as we speak.