Sun Worship

masterofonemasterofone Registered Users Posts: 191 Major grins
edited December 31, 2011 in Other Cool Shots
It is difficult to put into words how beautiful it was today in Phoenix but I found a couple others who seemed to be enjoying it as much as I was.

i-VKHTkCg-L.jpg

i-3xkhpZ8-L.jpg
Brian
Have keyboard and opinion.

Senska Photography

Comments

• SnowgirlSnowgirl Registered Users Posts: 2,155 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2011
    Nice DOF on these, particularly the 2nd one. Here it's grey, cloudy and threatening freezing rain so the sight of your sunlight gave a refreshing break :)
    Creating visual and verbal images that resonate with you.
    http://www.imagesbyceci.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ImagesByCeci
    Picadilly, NB, Canada
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2011
    Very interesting plant in the second shot. This photo, however, highlights a problem we all have...a very distracting background. DOF maneuvering can do only so much in dealing with the situation. I know that I will frequently get so enamored with the main subject that I fail to adequately consider what that subject has to compete with as a background. In this case, that unique plant gets lost, somewhat, in the scene. Perhaps a shift in your shooting position would have helped....other factors you had to consider allowing for such.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • masterofonemasterofone Registered Users Posts: 191 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2011
    Thanks for looking.
    I also find the background a nuisance but to shoot the plant reaching for the sun there was no way around it. I intend to spend some time editing this image to try and minimize the impact of the background. I headed out to shoot birds but they were very shy so the result was plants shot at 400mm.
    Brian
    Have keyboard and opinion.

Senska Photography