Lone Branch

nightowl66nightowl66 Registered Users Posts: 98 Big grins
edited October 27, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
41157171-L-1.jpg

This lone branch was jutting out over the river 25 ft below. The sun just lit the branch allowing a nice contrast of colors.

NOTE: the efix shows this was taken in march 2001 at 12:58 in the am. In the middle of the night -- come on who believes that? The truth is the time and date in the camera has not been reset since it has been returned from repair at Precision Camera Repair in CT. I understand you may still disqualify it because of the date but I would be interested inb the critique anyway. "We must accept critique in order to grow" Sincerely, mike g

Comments

• GREAPERGREAPER Registered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2005
    I like this shot Mike.

I think I might clone out some of the things floating on the water. I think it would increase the abstract nature of the shot. The stuff floating on the water tells your brain what you are seeing, without it, or with less of it, it may take a little while longer to figure it out.

Just my thoughts.
  • johnojohno Registered Users Posts: 617 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2005
    nice shot and nice color. looks like a portrait of a tree. head in the center and arms to the side... I can almost see a smile. :D

peace.
    johno~
    If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.
    ~Mother Teresa

Canon 1D Mark II / Canon 50D / Canon 30D / Canon G9
    Canon 50mm 1.4
    Canon 24-105 f/4 L IS / Canon 70-200 f/2.8 L

blog
    johno's gallery
  • Phil U.Phil U. Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2005
    Iike the color. I agree with Brian (Greaper) that a smoother look to the background would probably improve it. It might have been good to get shallower DOF when you shot it.
  • snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2005
    I like the bright colors and the simple composition. I believe you about the date, but I hope you've changed the date in your camera by now. icon10.gif

I agree with Greeper about the stuff in the water. I also wonder how it would look if the camera were rotated a slight bit to get the tree slightly off center. Not sure. Just a thought. I like it a lot.
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog