My faves of 2011

kdotaylorkdotaylor Registered Users Posts: 1,280 Major grins
edited January 6, 2012 in The Dgrin Challenges
I'm following Froch's lead, and posting a link to my favorite photos of 2011. I didn't travel much this past year, but there's plenty of beauty to behold in my own backyard!

Thank you, Sean, for the great challenges. I feel like I learned so much--I especially enjoyed learning the Orton technique!

http://katetaylor.smugmug.com/Portfolio/Best-of-2011/20836692_Sbt9TC#1654117285_XhFZHvK
Kate
www.katetaylor.smugmug.com
"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." Mark Twain

Comments

• FrochFroch Registered Users Posts: 571 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2012
    Very nice Kate!
    Similar to me, I see some of your best work is produced thru this community. Beautiful stuff!

*Sean, thanks again for the challenges.
  • JennJenn Registered Users Posts: 1,009 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2012
    Very nice! My favorite is the water glass with the reflections. :)
    Jenn (from Oklahoma)
    Panasonic Lumix 10x DMC-TZ3 :photo
    Leica Mega O.I.S./28mm WIDE :smile6
  • SeascapeSSeascapeS Registered Users Posts: 814 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2012
    Some very nice images! Isn't this place great?
    SandiZ
    If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera. ~Lewis Hine
    http://sandizphotos-seascapes.smugmug.com/
  • PedalGirlPedalGirl Registered Users Posts: 794 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2012
    Awesome! I love, love, love the shot with the bike. I guess that's why they call me Pedal! :)
    Pho-tog-ra-pher (n) 1. One who practices photography 2. one obsessed with capturing life with their camera. 3. One who eats, sleeps and breathes photographs. 4. One who sees the world in 4x6.
    www.lisaspeakmanphotography.com
  • sherstonesherstone Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,356 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2012
    Wonderful! - You very happy that you enjoyed learning about the Orton technique, it shows as the cone flower is one of my favourites. HNY!
  • JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited January 2, 2012
    Awesome work Kate! I like the tree thats laying on its side all knarly like. What a wonderful find!
  • billseyebillseye Registered Users Posts: 847 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2012
    Lovely stuff, Kate! I'm a big fan of the b&w leaves (among others). Well done. Looking forward to what 2012 brings from you!
    Bill Banning

Check out billseye photos on SmugMug
  • sweetharmonysweetharmony Registered Users Posts: 405 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2012
    Love the wine and reflections, but oh, the colors on the image of the leaf among leaves! Beautiful!
  • StueveShotsStueveShots Registered Users Posts: 544 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2012
    billseye wrote: »
    Lovely stuff, Kate! I'm a big fan of the b&w leaves (among others). Well done.

I agree! That is a beautiful shot. Kate, you really have a wonderful touch. Thank you for sharing.
  • GretaPicsGretaPics Registered Users Posts: 373 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2012
    Really love your work overall, but I especially love the composition of the 3 adorable kids (yours?) Thanks for sharing, GP
  • sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,959 moderator
    edited January 6, 2012
    I just looked through your faves for 2011 again and then went back to see what you shared for 2010. So many great shots! It is fun to see some of my favorites from the challenges in the context of your other images.

Thanks for sharing these!

Gretchen