Options

Pet/Owner shoot on the beach.

wlpearcewlpearce Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
edited January 1, 2012 in People
New years eve on the beach. Gotta love Florida. These were taken right as the sun set. Kinda cute.

MemoLaurenBeach-NewYears076-L.jpg

The freighter in the background was unfortunate. Should have caught that.

MemoLaurenBeach-NewYears085-L.jpg

Taking pics of the dog was like shooting a black hole. AF struggled with him.

http://www.wlpearce.com/

Comments

• Options
    D3SshooterD3Sshooter Registered Users Posts: 1,187 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2012
    looks like you had some nice late afternoon sun, well done. However I would try not to cutt the hands. a vertical framing might have been better.
    A photographer without a style, is like a pub without beer
  • Options
    New Hope StudiosNew Hope Studios Registered Users Posts: 39 Big grins
    edited January 1, 2012
    I agree with D3Sshooter about the crop through the hands, but I like the landscaped crop. I would just bring that crop down a little lower to include the hands. Looks like a lovely day and a sweet companion!
  • Options
    BrettDeutschBrettDeutsch Registered Users Posts: 365 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2012
    I like the first shot a lot. I see people post all the time that hands shouldn't be cut off -- seems like an arbitrary rule that doesn't apply here. I see plenty of her hands -- enough to see that this is a huge hug and there is lots of love going on. What more do you really need? If you were to want to do any retouching, I'd probably clean up some of the hairs in the girls face (but leave the dog's hair alone :).
  • Options
    wlpearcewlpearce Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
    edited January 1, 2012
    Thanks for the feedback. Just as an aside... I appreciate folks offering constructive advice, and making others feel at home in the forum. So often, the two are mutually exclusive. Thanks.