My 2011 favorites

JennJenn Registered Users Posts: 1,009 Major grins
edited January 6, 2012 in The Dgrin Challenges
I know my journey has been full of learning, and with that... here is my favorites of 2011.

http://viewpoint2.smugmug.com/MyWorld/My-Favorites-of-2011/20840673_2z7HbV#1287713038_jv9QTK2
Jenn (from Oklahoma)
Panasonic Lumix 10x DMC-TZ3 :photo
Leica Mega O.I.S./28mm WIDE :smile6

Comments

• SeascapeSSeascapeS Registered Users Posts: 814 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2012
    Jenn - you've come a long way! Two wins this year!
    SandiZ
    If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera. ~Lewis Hine
    http://sandizphotos-seascapes.smugmug.com/
  • kdotaylorkdotaylor Registered Users Posts: 1,280 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2012
    It's really nice to see the improvement in your work, Jenn! You have some wonderful shots.
    Kate
    www.katetaylor.smugmug.com
    "You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." Mark Twain
  • PedalGirlPedalGirl Registered Users Posts: 794 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2012
    Very nice Jenn. Love to see how we are all improving!
    Pho-tog-ra-pher (n) 1. One who practices photography 2. one obsessed with capturing life with their camera. 3. One who eats, sleeps and breathes photographs. 4. One who sees the world in 4x6.
    www.lisaspeakmanphotography.com
  • sherstonesherstone Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,356 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2012
    Jenn, I was talking with my wife over breakfast a few days ago, about how I was very happy to see your photographic ability and style evolve and bloom into being in the top 5 not once but two times. Congratulations on keeping with it. HNY!
  • JennJenn Registered Users Posts: 1,009 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2012
    SeascapeS wrote: »
    Jenn - you've come a long way! Two wins this year!
    kdotaylor wrote: »
    It's really nice to see the improvement in your work, Jenn! You have some wonderful shots.
    PedalGirl wrote: »
    Very nice Jenn. Love to see how we are all improving!
    sherstone wrote: »
    Jenn, I was talking with my wife over breakfast a few days ago, about how I was very happy to see your photographic ability and style evolve and bloom into being in the top 5 not once but two times. Congratulations on keeping with it. HNY!

Thanks Seascape, kdo, PedalGirl, and Sean! I appreciate you all so much.

I've got a style? :D Just these posts from you guys are such an encouragement to me to keep trying. I've wanted to quit and give up so many times, but someone here would always find something to say that lit that spark in me to try again. I would have given up a long time ago without your encouragement. You all just don't know how much that means to me.

Thanks for putting up with me. I know if I hang around the best, some of that skill and gift might just rub off! :D
    Jenn (from Oklahoma)
  • JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited January 2, 2012
    you have come along way and its been a pleasure to see you grow in your photography! Way to stick with it!
  • FrochFroch Registered Users Posts: 571 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2012
    sherstone wrote: »

:o) very nice!
  • FrochFroch Registered Users Posts: 571 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2012
    Jenn, as was mentioned above, it's been great to see how your images have grown. But more so, I really love how 'comfortable' you are now in your images. Less worry about what anyone wants to see, and more trusting that if it appeals to you, it will appeal to others. Really looking forward to seeing where you end up on Jan 1, 2013. :o)
  • billseyebillseye Registered Users Posts: 847 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2012
    Jenn wrote: »
    I know my journey has been full of learning, and with that... here is my favorites of 2011.

http://viewpoint2.smugmug.com/MyWorld/My-Favorites-of-2011/20840673_2z7HbV#1287713038_jv9QTK2

What a nice set of images. I'll join in with my kudos on your evolving style. It's refreshing to be part of a community online that's so supportive and interested in learning and nurturing one another. Looking forward to what you bring in 2012!
    Bill Banning

Check out billseye photos on SmugMug
    edited January 2, 2012
    JAG wrote: »
    you have come along way and its been a pleasure to see you grow in your photography! Way to stick with it!
    billseye wrote: »
    What a nice set of images. I'll join in with my kudos on your evolving style. It's refreshing to be part of a community online that's so supportive and interested in learning and nurturing one another. Looking forward to what you bring in 2012!

Thanks Jag and Bill ... I was thinking today about how much I really enjoy this forum and the people here. I can't believe you guys let someone like me (a total novice hanging out with the pros) pick your brains. I've always believed the best way to get good at something is to hang out with experts who can do nothing but teach me to get better at something. My jaw drops wide open sometimes when I see some of the photos you all take, and I think how in the world will I ever be able to do that, but your encouragement makes me believe I can.

It's probably silly, but I went out and bought my first mini-tripod today! :D
    Jenn (from Oklahoma)
    edited January 2, 2012
    Froch wrote: »
    Jenn, as was mentioned above, it's been great to see how your images have grown. But more so, I really love how 'comfortable' you are now in your images. Less worry about what anyone wants to see, and more trusting that if it appeals to you, it will appeal to others. Really looking forward to seeing where you end up on Jan 1, 2013. :o)

Thanks Froch ... I have to say that you have been one of many who has really inspired me to keep trying. I really appreciate it, too.
    Jenn (from Oklahoma)
  • sweetharmonysweetharmony Registered Users Posts: 405 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2012
    Jenn, your imagery is looking better and better and better! Watching you grow in confidence and ability has been a treat.....
    edited January 4, 2012
    Jenn, your imagery is looking better and better and better! Watching you grow in confidence and ability has been a treat.....

thanks! I am going to keep trying. Maybe some day I'll be as good as everyone else here! :)
    Jenn (from Oklahoma)
  • sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,959 moderator
    edited January 6, 2012
    Jenn, thanks for sharing these. You have some great shots here and two DSS challenge wins that should help you believe it! I admire your perseverance and the way you are growing as a photographer. We all have things to work on, so don't think you are alone in the "still learning" category!

All the best,
    Gretchen
    edited January 6, 2012
    sapphire73 wrote: »
    Jenn, thanks for sharing these. You have some great shots here and two DSS challenge wins that should help you believe it! I admire your perseverance and the way you are growing as a photographer. We all have things to work on, so don't think you are alone in the "still learning" category!

All the best,
    Gretchen

thanks for the encouragement, Gretchen! :)
    Jenn (from Oklahoma)
  • StueveShotsStueveShots Registered Users Posts: 544 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2012
    You've really done wonderfully well, Jenn! Thank you for sharing these. I can't wait to see what next year's gallery will look like!