Options

iHeartMark.com (what to do with this website)

Mark DickinsonMark Dickinson Registered Users Posts: 337 Major grins
edited January 6, 2012 in Mind Your Own Business
I just bought a couple more, 246 now lol. But I want to see what some of you would do with a website like this one

www.iheartmark.com

Would you put your best work on there?

Reviews?

Maybe tutorials?

Reviews on the equipment?

Or just forward it to my existing webgallery to give a quirky website to visit. (I bought Ihatemarkdickinson.com too) based off of the ihatestevensinger.com site that he sells jewelry. Maybe this will give you some ideas to to spread you business, but im just unsure what to put on it:) Thank's for the replys.

Comments

• Options
    orljustinorljustin Registered Users Posts: 193 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2012
    I just bought a couple more, 246 now lol. But I want to see what some of you would do with a website like this one

Chalk it up to $10 lost and a resolution to next time spend it on a beer and a dozen wings?
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2012
    OK I'm probably a little slow here but why would you buy 246 domain names? Are you trying to buy up names for resale at a high price?

Are you a domain name hoarder?

Sam
  • Options
    Mark DickinsonMark Dickinson Registered Users Posts: 337 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2012
    Lol @ OrlJustin - It was 5.99 :-D

Sam, I buy domains for event's, business ventures, partnerships, etc.

A few simple ones like www.mdpstore.com <-- our store site,
    www.marknlindsay.com <-- my wife and I's photography
    www.suchsweetlove.com <- our travel photography page where we get a lot of destination weddings.
    www.purchasemyphotos.com (when people ask me where do I buy the photos) I can tell them go to www.purchasemyphotos.com
    www.ptph.com (where it all originated with my business) Its always nice to have a 4 character domain right?
    www.wilburboathouseweddings.com/ <-- gets me a lot of work for weddings at the old boathouse here in the area.

www.nikonhdr.com brings about 25 a month in ad payment

there's a list that goes on and on and on for what I do and it works for me. I was just trying to think what to do with it. Probably just forward it to my smugmug like a few others. The rest I put on cashparking. I make about 220 a month on it so its a semi neutral buoyant system with the ones that have websites that bring in 3-4 weddings year + cashparking.

I hope that helps answer the question but diverted to what I was asking - again maybe some ideas will work here for others trying to expand the business.
  • Options
    angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2012

www.iheartmark.com

Would you put your best work on there?

Reviews?

Maybe tutorials?

Reviews on the equipment?

Or just forward it to my existing webgallery to give a quirky website to visit. (I bought Ihatemarkdickinson.com too) based off of the ihatestevensinger.com site that he sells jewelry. Maybe this will give you some ideas to to spread you business, but im just unsure what to put on it:) Thank's for the replys.

Not certain what a site means to me and means to you may be two different things. Perhaps those positive reviews you speak of.

Personally I like the hateMark thingy. there was a store right around the corner from us here that for years was named: Rip-off Ricks and I thought it was a great catchy name!
    tom wise
  • Options
    PupatorPupator Registered Users Posts: 2,322 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2012
    Don't call people trolls just because they don't tell you what you want to hear. For the life of me I can't figure out what kind of answers you expected to get from this thread, but bashing people who do answer is about as lame as it gets.