Options

DGRIN and firefox

vdotmatrixvdotmatrix Registered Users Posts: 343 Major grins
edited January 9, 2012 in Dgrin Forum Support
Hi ALL!! HNY

In Firefox, i go to dgrin, a LOGIN never appears at http://www.dgrin.com

EVER...unless I like click on a related link a user name etc...

This doesn't happen in IE....

Anyone else see this or have any suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2012
    It sounds like FF is set to remember your login and IE isn't.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    edited January 2, 2012
    DavidTO wrote: »
    It sounds like FF is set to remember your login and IE isn't.
    That's helpful! Thank you very much!
    So where is the FF remember your last login to Dgrin button found?

Thanks in advance!
  • Options
    edited January 2, 2012
    vdotmatrix wrote: »
    That's helpful! Thank you very much!
    So where is the FF remember your last login to Dgrin button found?

Thanks in advance!

Log out.

Then when you log back in you'll see a little checkbox for setting your cookie to remember you or not.
    Moderator Emeritus
  • Options
    edited January 2, 2012
    Can you post a screenshot of that corner of your Dgrin window in FF?
    Moderator Emeritus
  • Options
    edited January 2, 2012
    DavidTO wrote: »
    Log out.

Then when you log back in you'll see a little checkbox for setting your cookie to remember you or not.

I was just kidding.....that box IS NOT checked off in FF when i get to "A" login page.

this is what I see.....iTmIe6yD
  • Options
    edited January 2, 2012
    Interesting. You're missing a lot of elements on the page. Could it be an extension that's interfering? Have you tried emptying the cache and clearing cookies?
    Moderator Emeritus
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,913 moderator
    edited January 2, 2012
    Do you have Javascript enabled in FF? Assuming you're on a current version, that would be in Options->Content. As David said, there's lots of stuff missing. headscratch.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2, 2012
    I can't respond through FF. the reply buttons and what not are just not availalbe at each post i have to use the quick reply....every extension and plugin is disabled. Javascript is enabled under content. all boxes except the middleone is checked ( lowere/raise windows) I am running FF 9.0ish...
  • Options
    edited January 2, 2012
    I can't respond through FF. the reply buttons and what not are just not availalbe at each post i have to use the quick reply....every extension and plugin is disabled. Javascript is enabled under content. all boxes except the middleone is checked ( lowere/raise windows) I am running FF 9.0ish...
    That is very strange. AFAIK, we haven't made any recent changes that would explain it. I'm running FF 9.0.1 on WinXP and have never seen that problem. Are you having problems with any other Web sites? Have you cleared the browser cache and Dgrin cookies then restarted FF? I know it sounds lame, but the only other thing that occurs to me is to re-install FF. ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2, 2012

K. I'll pass this on to level 2 support. :D
    Moderator Emeritus
  • Options
    edited January 2, 2012
    One other thing just occurred to me: are you running any anti-malware software that's scanning Web pages? If so, try temporarily disabling it or adding Dgrin to the whitelist if it has one and see if it makes any difference. It's a long shot, but still worth trying.
  • Options
    edited January 2, 2012
    yup tried all that. only for dgrin does this occur.
    i did have google free.
    i am on my wife's laptop..no problem.
    i will have to go in and really dig deep to see if i missed someone other $%#@# program that is blocking dgrin...why dgrin?

thanks for your help..i will report back even if it is a bone headed thing i have done...ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2012
    Disable all Firefox addons and then re-add them one by one until you find the culprit....
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,907 moderator
    edited January 2, 2012
    Typically, anything that would block would block the entire site. You're missing a bunch of elements (judging from your screenshot).

Can you 1) check that you're using the correct style by scrolling to the bottom of the page and making sure you see "-- Dgrin 2.0" near the bottom of the window? Then disable all the addons/plugins you might have installed (tools->addons) menus. Does either of these fix the problem? If not, I'd suggest removing and re-installing Firefox.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    edited January 9, 2012
    Any update on this?
  • Options
    edited January 9, 2012
    There is no update. To respond to your message I had to click on something like your name to send a private message which automatically takes me to the login page...then I backarrow to this page and refresh and i am only able to do the quick reply. Nothin else on my computer is affected.otherwise I have to start IE to have full functionality on dgrin. I have bigger fish to fry, some breaded some baked!!! vincent
  • Options
    edited January 9, 2012
    When you logged in, did you log in to dgrin.com or www.dgrin.com? Take a look at your cookies for dgrin and see what their cookies domain is if you could.

Actually, if you could remove all the cookies for anything related to dgrin.com, then try logging in again at www.dgrin.com. That might solve your problem.
  • Options
    edited January 9, 2012
    i had to click on IAN to take me to the login page [http://www.dgrin.com/member.php?u=85]
    then i logged in , back arrowed to [http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?p=1722952#post1722952] refreshed and now I can respond.

I went into tools >options> privacy and looked for any cookies with dgrin and deleted everything, but my login and PW was still inthe boxes when I clicked IAN.
  • Options
    edited January 9, 2012
    And when you removed the cookies, etc. you logged out of dgrin and restarted FF? Also, I see in the windows you have some Norton tool running in the browser. Is that something that runs all the time or is it a page you were visiting--if it's a tool, can you check that it's not blocking dgrin?