Comfort Foods: Stew and Pasta.

eL eSs VeeeL eSs Vee Registered Users Posts: 1,243 Major grins
edited January 5, 2012 in Other Cool Shots
I'm expanding my cooking repertoire, but I especially love making soups and pastas, particularly pasta sauces. Here are two recent dishes.

Vegetable Beef Stew:
Stew-2012-01-02-009-XL.jpg

Rotini with Meat and Vegetable sauce:
Spaghetti-2012-01-02-025-XL.jpg

Yes, the rotini in both dishes came from the same box. :D
Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
My Facebook

"If you've found a magic that does something for you, honey, stick to it. Never change it." - Mae West, to Edith Head.
"Every guy has to have one weakness - and it might as well be a good one." - Shell Scott: Dance With the Dead by Richard S. Prather

Comments

• SnowgirlSnowgirl Registered Users Posts: 2,155 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2012
    Appetizing shots - shouldn't have looked at supper time ;)
    Creating visual and verbal images that resonate with you.
    http://www.imagesbyceci.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ImagesByCeci
    Picadilly, NB, Canada
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2012
    I don't know, Lee, which one I'm more impressed with....your photography or your cooking. Your food photography is really, really good. I'm a sucker for a good beef stew and that preparation you're showing has flat got my mouth watering. Mighty fine work on both accounts.thumb.gif

Happy New Year,

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2012
    Yummy, yummy, yummy -- You can come cook at my home anytime thumb.gif
  • eL eSs VeeeL eSs Vee Registered Users Posts: 1,243 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2012
    Thank you, all. Soon, I want to make a nice, thick steak. I haven't yet decided on the sides. :D
    Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
    My Facebook

"If you've found a magic that does something for you, honey, stick to it. Never change it." - Mae West, to Edith Head.
    "Every guy has to have one weakness - and it might as well be a good one." - Shell Scott: Dance With the Dead by Richard S. Prather
    edited January 4, 2012
    eL eSs Vee wrote: »
    Thank you, all. Soon, I want to make a nice, thick steak. I haven't yet decided on the sides. :D

Sides ... baked potato with butter, broccoli and toasted french bread :D
    edited January 4, 2012
    Toasted GARLIC bread! mwink.gif
    Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
    My Facebook

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2012
    Forget everything but the broccoli. I'll take a big pot with four heads of broccoli covered with Bearnaise sauce. Just kidding......make my steak medium rare, double up the garlic on the toast, but please switch to a sweet potato. Call me when it's ready.:D

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
    edited January 5, 2012
    eL eSs Vee wrote: »
    Toasted GARLIC bread! mwink.gif

Oh yeah ... even better thumb.gif
  • CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2012
    Very nice, but it needs a little salt.

Kidding aside, I'm impressed that you can make arresting images out of these ingredients.
    edited January 5, 2012
    Cornflake wrote: »
    Very nice, but it needs a little salt.

Kidding aside, I'm impressed that you can make arresting images out of these ingredients.

Thank you, Cornflake, but ne even more impressed that I combined these ingredients into something edible. :D
    Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
    My Facebook