DSS 93 - Out to lunch?

cbbrcbbr Registered Users Posts: 755 Major grins
edited January 5, 2012 in The Dgrin Challenges
i-wW3Ch4N-XL.jpg
Chad - www.brberrys.com
If I post it, please tell me how to make it better. My fragile ego can take it.

Comments

• JennJenn Registered Users Posts: 1,009 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2012
    cbbr wrote: »
    i-wW3Ch4N-XL.jpg

Can you get a close up of that tablet writing? I'd love to see what that looks like.
    Jenn (from Oklahoma)
    Panasonic Lumix 10x DMC-TZ3 :photo
    Leica Mega O.I.S./28mm WIDE :smile6
  • cbbrcbbr Registered Users Posts: 755 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2012
    No problem (sort of) - I didn't actually shoot just the headstone, so I cropped it a bunch. Its easier to see in B&W -

i-qQpKb5d-XL.jpg
    Chad - www.brberrys.com
  • sweetharmonysweetharmony Registered Users Posts: 405 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2012
    Can you re-shoot? I think the subject is well worth exploring, but to me, the original image is lacking a definitive point of focus. My eye keeps getting hung up on what I think are big hinges? I'd be curious to see a shot that concentrates more on the interesting head stone or the pile of bricks....
  • ghinsonghinson Registered Users Posts: 933 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2012
    Would love to shoot that at night! Stand to the right. Put a small light inside the structure, and then use a long enough exposure to let the moon light the front. Cool!
    uosuıɥ ƃǝɹƃ
    ackdoc.com
    edited January 3, 2012
    Can you re-shoot? I think the subject is well worth exploring, but to me, the original image is lacking a definitive point of focus. My eye keeps getting hung up on what I think are big hinges? I'd be curious to see a shot that concentrates more on the interesting head stone or the pile of bricks....

It was a one time walk through unfortunately. They are hinges, the door was gone, hence the name.:D
    ghinson wrote: »
    Would love to shoot that at night! Stand to the right. Put a small light inside the structure, and then use a long enough exposure to let the moon light the front. Cool!

I put a speedlight inside for that shot, but it was daylight. It would have been really cool at night.thumb.gif
    Chad - www.brberrys.com
  • JennJenn Registered Users Posts: 1,009 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2012
    cbbr wrote: »
    No problem (sort of) - I didn't actually shoot just the headstone, so I cropped it a bunch. Its easier to see in B&W -

i-qQpKb5d-XL.jpg

I like this one. :)
    Jenn (from Oklahoma)
    Panasonic Lumix 10x DMC-TZ3 :photo
    Leica Mega O.I.S./28mm WIDE :smile6
    edited January 4, 2012
    Thanks! Maybe there is something to work with that I didn't see at first...
    Chad - www.brberrys.com
  • billseyebillseye Registered Users Posts: 847 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2012
    I'm with Greg... while its an intriguing scene, the current view really doesn't seem to have a strong central point of interest. A night shot would be fun!
    Bill Banning

Check out billseye photos on SmugMug