Options

DSS #93 (Old or New) C&C welcome

JennJenn Registered Users Posts: 1,009 Major grins
edited January 3, 2012 in The Dgrin Challenges
I was on vacation during the Christmas and New Year holidays, and today was my first day back to work. Lo and behold this is what welcomed me when I went into the office this morning. I'm overwintering an ornamental pepper plant in my office, and it bloomed for me! :) btw, the real size of that flower is about as big as the center of the flower in this photo.

Does this work for this challenge for the "new" portion? I have some things to re-shoot for possible "old" images for the challenge, but I'd thought I'd get some idea if this even works or not.

New Years Flower
P1070712newflwr2-XL.jpg
Jenn (from Oklahoma)
Panasonic Lumix 10x DMC-TZ3 :photo
Leica Mega O.I.S./28mm WIDE :smile6

Comments

• Options
    PedalGirlPedalGirl Registered Users Posts: 794 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2012
    While lovely... the photo without title or explaination doesn't say "new". I'm trying to think of "new" photos since seems like there are so many pursuing "old".... but I'm finding that new is much harder to convey.
    Pho-tog-ra-pher (n) 1. One who practices photography 2. one obsessed with capturing life with their camera. 3. One who eats, sleeps and breathes photographs. 4. One who sees the world in 4x6.
    www.lisaspeakmanphotography.com
  • Options
    JennJenn Registered Users Posts: 1,009 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2012
    PedalGirl wrote: »
    While lovely... the photo without title or explaination doesn't say "new". I'm trying to think of "new" photos since seems like there are so many pursuing "old".... but I'm finding that new is much harder to convey.

The only thing that made me even take the photo was that it was a "new" flower and the first one of the "new" year. Laughing.gif
    Jenn (from Oklahoma)
    Panasonic Lumix 10x DMC-TZ3 :photo
    Leica Mega O.I.S./28mm WIDE :smile6