Chal. 50 - getting out in the nature

snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
edited October 28, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
Well the sky was blue today, but there's not a "bloomin" thing on my hill. Had a nice morning hike and got a couple of shots. What do you think?

The colors of the desert on a clear fall morning
41792866-L.jpg

Red bark on a clear fall day
41792378-L.jpg
"A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
Susan Appel Photography My Blog

Comments

• johnojohno Registered Users Posts: 617 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2005
    I love the light on the bark of the tree... The redish color is beautiful. I, however, lose it when my eye moves towards the right viewing the background. It distracts me a bit. I think it's because the bark is so colorful.

Shot one is nice, but a bit hot in the middle. Clouds? Other than that, it is a great composition I believe. If you could pull a bit more green out it might help the contrast of the shot. IMHO :D

peace.
    johno~
    If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.
    ~Mother Teresa

Canon 1D Mark II / Canon 50D / Canon 30D / Canon G9
    Canon 50mm 1.4
    Canon 24-105 f/4 L IS / Canon 70-200 f/2.8 L

blog
    johno's gallery
  • behr655behr655 Registered Users Posts: 552 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2005
    I like the 1st shot but it is a little blown out. It does show a variety of nature's colors though.

Bear
  • vandanavandana Registered Users Posts: 373 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2005
    I like the first one - but agree a bit blown out.maybe the composition may be a little more interesting if i see more foreground with red rocks sortof leading into the green cacti...
    the 2nd one - the bark is pretty nice. more bark, a little more green with the silhouetted leaves and all might be more 'color'ful.
  • snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2005
    Thanks all, for your comments. I'll get to work and see what I can do with these.
    edited October 27, 2005
    johno wrote:
    I love the light on the bark of the tree... The redish color is beautiful. I, however, lose it when my eye moves towards the right viewing the background. It distracts me a bit. I think it's because the bark is so colorful.

Shot one is nice, but a bit hot in the middle. Clouds? Other than that, it is a great composition I believe. If you could pull a bit more green out it might help the contrast of the shot. IMHO :D

peace.
    johno~
    I worked up another shot of the yuccas. Slightly different composition and a little darker. Do you like this one better?
    41812877-L.jpg

And another one of the tree bark. Do you like this one better?
    41812589-M.jpg
    edited October 27, 2005
    Yes, they are both much nicer. The 2nd one looks 3D on my screen.

Bear
    edited October 27, 2005
    behr655 wrote:
    Yes, they are both much nicer. The 2nd one looks 3D on my screen.

Bear
    Thanks Bear. I appreciate the feedback. Do you think either of these are challenge worthy?
    edited October 27, 2005
    snapapple wrote:
    Thanks Bear. I appreciate the feedback. Do you think either of these are challenge worthy?
    I like the first one best.

Bear
  • PossumCornerPossumCorner Registered Users Posts: 290 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2005
    Yuccas -
    - I like the "second one of the first one" best for the Challenge. The colours have come up great but "being there" was probably more like the first one. And yes, the 2nd one looks very 3D to me also - composition with the rocks is spot-on for step over and step onto path.