edited January 6, 2012 in The Dgrin Challenges
Will this work? Comments and suggestions are most welcome--

Morning greeting for a new day

Billie-BW-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    kdotaylorkdotaylor Registered Users Posts: 1,277 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2012
    I think this is a really nice shot. I love the lighting, and that you see just enough of his right eye. However, it doesn't really say "new" to me without the title.
    Kate
    www.katetaylor.smugmug.com
    "You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." Mark Twain
  • Options
    angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2012
    I don't think I've ever seen Rembrandt lighting on a horse! Nice, really like it.

It would say Morning or New easier if that Sun was rising just behind the horse...then you'd only need about a 100w to capture the portrait.
    tom wise
  • Options
    PedalGirlPedalGirl Registered Users Posts: 794 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2012
    I agree with Kate. While I love the photo, it is totally dependent on the title for theme.
    Pho-tog-ra-pher (n) 1. One who practices photography 2. one obsessed with capturing life with their camera. 3. One who eats, sleeps and breathes photographs. 4. One who sees the world in 4x6.
    www.lisaspeakmanphotography.com
  • Options
    StueveShotsStueveShots Registered Users Posts: 544 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2012
    Kate and PedalGirl: Thanks for the positive remarks...and the comments about the title. You are absolutely correct of course...I'm just trying to shoehorn something in I suppose. I don't have much time to take photographs, so when I caught one that seemed pretty good as I was taking pictures of my son during his lesson, I thought I'd give it a try! It was the morning anyway... :D

Angevin1, I was rather amazed by the lighting also...so glad the shot turned out, because my model wasn't about to hold her pose and the light was fleeting!

Ah well...unless I can think of some way for this to be new or old, I'm probably out of luck! (There was a great moment in the barn I missed...the grizzled old ranch hand working with the new colt...my focus was off. Shoot!)

Thanks for the comments!
  • Options
    travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2012
    Very nice photo - it says morning to me, fresh and young, words which are in the category of "new"

There were photos in these contests who didn't literally reply to the theme and won - so I would go with it :)
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
  • Options
    billseyebillseye Registered Users Posts: 847 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2012
    I also like this photo. The lighting is wonderful, especially knowing it was fleeting and serendipitous. I say, name it and enter it! Cool!
    Bill Banning

Check out billseye photos on SmugMug
  • Options
    sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,948 moderator
    edited January 6, 2012
    Gorgeous shot! I agree with the advice to enter it.
  • Options
    StueveShotsStueveShots Registered Users Posts: 544 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2012
    Thanks everyone!