How do you save the function windows in PS

mereimagemereimage Registered Users Posts: 448 Major grins
edited October 27, 2005 in Finishing School
You know those little pics of the Lab curves boxes ect. ya'll are posting.............Mereimage

P.S.
I'm using Windows not a Mac

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2005
    mereimage wrote:
    You know those little pics of the Lab curves boxes ect. ya'll are posting.............Mereimage

if you're on a mac... cmd-shift-4 brings up a screen grabber, makes an instant .png which is a cinch to make to a jpg with apple's finder program. if you are a peecee user then you can get something like techsmith's snagit, it's a good tool, too.
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2005
    mereimage wrote:

P.S.

you need to pop over to pf's house and see the joy of all things mac....
  • jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2005
    Windows screen shots...
    mereimage wrote:

P.S.
    On windows, I do Alt-PrtSc which does a screen grab of the active window. In PS, I then do File/New which comes up with a default size that matches the clipboard contents and I hit OK. I then hit Ctrl-V (paste). I flatten, crop if desired, save to disk as a JPEG, upload the my site and link into the message. It sounds harder than it is. Takes a minute or so per image, plus whatever upload time.

This is a place where Elements makes things easier than CS2. It has a File/New from clipboard that saves a few steps.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • mereimagemereimage Registered Users Posts: 448 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2005
    Thanks Andy
    andy wrote:
    you need to pop over to pf's house and see the joy of all things mac....
    I just built a new peecee-set up for dual proc. on a chip AMD and dual SLI video cards,and Audigy sound card for 1/2 the price of the hi end macs, plus I'd have to switch the whole family over and that's expensive esp. with 3 in college, 1 in prep school all with pc's and lap tops.

Thanks, i'll grab snagit......................Mereimage