Options

The Brown Family - Mobile Studio Shots

Mark1616Mark1616 Registered Users Posts: 319 Major grins
edited January 13, 2012 in People
I still really don't do studio work well but keep trying to learn more and more. Kate, the mother of the family made my wedding cake so we had arranged ages ago that I would do some family portraits for them. I made loads of mistakes, not putting a hair light/back light when using the dark background to give separation is the one that annoys me most still.

Anyway, here are a few from the session.

The-Brown-Family-0003.jpg

The-Brown-Family-0004.jpg

The-Brown-Family-0005.jpg

The-Brown-Family-0010.jpg

The-Brown-Family-0011.jpg

The-Brown-Family-0014.jpg

The-Brown-Family-0016.jpg

The-Brown-Family-0023.jpg

The-Brown-Family-0024.jpg

The-Brown-Family-0025.jpg

The-Brown-Family-0026.jpg

The-Brown-Family-0027.jpg

I'm here to learn so please feel free to give me constructive criticism to help me become the photographer I desire to be.

Comments

• Options
    HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2012
    I really like 3-5 and 8. Nice job.
  • Options
    Mark1616Mark1616 Registered Users Posts: 319 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2012
    Thanks a lot :)

Happy to get critique so if anyone has anything that will help me out just let me know :)

I'm here to learn so please feel free to give me constructive criticism to help me become the photographer I desire to be.

• Options
    adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2012
    I don't have much to offer in critique. I really like what you've done. The light source in 11 doesn't really do much for me, and in #1 it looks like some of his CR foot (his left) got cloned out. Something just doesn't look quite right. #2 would have been better (though I like it) had the one kid's arm not been coming way out in front (IMHO). #9 would have been improved were his fingers not there on the shoulder.

I'd have to second Charles' top picks of 3/4/5/8, though I'm confident that the family would love prints of each and every one of them. thumb.gif
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • Options
    jpcjpc Registered Users Posts: 840 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2012
    I like #11 without the soft box. It's the most creative shot of the bunch, IMO. Nice job.