Penn Camera is Kaput

IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
edited January 4, 2012 in Cameras
How sad. I bought a lot of equipment there, cameras, lenses, rentals, not just ink and paper, just because I like having a brick and mortar store. Sure, I like B&H and Adorama too, but I liked walking into the Tysons Corner store and being greeted by name (see - I told you I bought a lot of stuff :D.)
John :
Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.

Comments

• ThatCanonGuyThatCanonGuy Registered Users Posts: 1,778 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2012
    Yeah, but isn't the Tysons store still open? I thought they were just closing 5 of them. Seems like their prices are usually competitive with B&H and Adorama. Too bad the Fair Lakes one is closed - I liked that one :).
  • ThatCanonGuyThatCanonGuy Registered Users Posts: 1,778 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2012
    Just read it again - yeah, it looks like they're closing all of them pretty soon. The website is taken down too (penncamera.com points to penncameras.com). Hmm. That is too bad.
  • QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2012
    yeah..the brick and mortar stores are turning into showrooms for the online stores.
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2012
    Yeah, but isn't the Tysons store still open? I thought they were just closing 5 of them. Seems like their prices are usually competitive with B&H and Adorama. Too bad the Fair Lakes one is closed - I liked that one :).

I think the Tysons, Rockville, and E street stores are going to remain open for the clearance sale, then . . . *POOF*.
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
  • pmaxwellpmaxwell Registered Users Posts: 129 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2012
    Wow, I am a little surprised since I was just in there buying a camera bag (good sale). I have to say though that the springfield store wasn't known for its service.
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2012
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! The Pikesville store was great (and right next to Trader Joes lol3.gif). I used them for have-to-have-right-now bits and pieces all the time - I also bought my 420ex flash (used) from them back in 2008 - so very sad to hear this. :cry