Options

Retouching for large subjects.

HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
edited January 6, 2012 in People
Guy has an idea that might work. I really could use this on myself!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9y2l_LjSjg

Comments

• Options
    novicesnappernovicesnapper Registered Users Posts: 445 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2012
    OMG to good, Thanks!! Here I was watching closely for the "tip" and then bam,lmao.
  • Options
    kitkoskitkos Registered Users Posts: 63 Big grins
    edited January 5, 2012
    Leave it to Dyson to get to market faster than I couold with this product.
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2012
    Not to rain on the parade (by all means enjoy if you find it amusing) but I have to say, this suggests to me that they're marketing to men. I don't think most women - 98% of whom don't look like models - would find this particularly funny or appealing; it just enforces this "women must look like supermodels at any price" mantra. And we wonder why so many teen girls have a poor self-body image?

Sorry to rant, but when you see how AWFUL teenagers are to each other about their looks, it's really hard to see this as tongue-in-cheek humour instead of another "you look horrible, so BUY MY PRODUCT and be beautiful!!!". Granted, it's more subtle than most, but still. deal.gif

/steps off cranky soapbox and looks for another cup of coffee :D
  • Options
    edited January 5, 2012
    No problem, everyone has an opinion an entitled to it. I COULD HAVE BEEN THE MODEL, THAT' S WHY I FOUND IT AMUSING.
  • Options
    heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2012
    Sorry Diva... I laughed.... a lot.

Thats funny, right there.
  • Options
    edited January 5, 2012
    No, understand entirely Hackbone, and like I said, if people find it funny fair enough - don't want to make anybody feel bad about their own reaction (you know the old adage.... opinions are like bellybuttons- everybody has one!). My issue is with the marketing man's idea in the first place. With a young teen (with teen friends) I see SO MUCH ANGST all the time about their bodies that it makes me hurt for them. They're surrounded by "body-image humour" and "you have to look like this to be popular/successful" all the time and they're so sensitive to it - even when they laugh or act like they don't care, they're kind of crying on the inside.
  • Options
    AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2012
    rolleyes1.gifroflrolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    edited January 5, 2012
    Ok ladies, guess I'm the odd-one-out here... I'll just slink my cranky self quietly away :hide rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2012
    I would have thought it was funny and laughed.
    Granted, I do have my own little twisted sense of humor.

Two things about this I liked:

I love creative people thinking of unique ways to do the old thing... in this case sell a product.

-and-

I love the fact that they are saying that nobody (even super models) is perfect. And now that I have worked with my share of professional models, I have to completely agree. There is a lot about them that is fake. Be aware... from bra fillers to attractive shooting angles to a whole lot of liquifying... they aren't real.

Of course, I can see your thought process in that we shouldn't try to shoehorn everyone into thinking that only a certain type of body is worthy of the term beauty.... And if you don't fit the prototype you aren't beautiful.

Speaking of vacuum commercials, and totally OT.... Did you see this one? I laughed at this one pretty hard too... http://vimeo.com/22982704
  • Options
    edited January 5, 2012
    I love the fact that they are saying that nobody (even super models) is perfect.

Now THAT is an angle I didn't consider until you pointed it out, and you're right - that is part of the message (although it's subtle and you have to NOT react to the top level of humour in the way I did to get that part of the joke) - nul points to myself for missing part of the point!! thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited January 5, 2012
    When I was a very early, early teenager we had a radio station that one day would tell Polish jokes, next day Italian, next day Jewish, next fat, next skinny, next dumb etc. and everyone and I mean everyone listened to this station. No one became upset, everyone laughed, no one became offended. What happened to our society from then to today that it is so thin skinned about everything. Everyone has rights but not willing to give those rights to the other person. Not aimed toward anyone here but just an old guy rambling. I know old folks say the old times were the best but maybe some of them were. Just musing.
  • Options
    edited January 5, 2012
    I couldn't agree with you more about political correctness gone mad Hack - absolutely. Not sure why this particular idea touched a nerve with me other than that I see so much misery among the 12-15yo set regarding looks and so much media "perfection" rammed down their throats all the time. Now, of course, it's up to parents, teachers and other "real life" people in kids' lives to set them straight so they don't base everything on what they see on TV/in magazines etc etc etc, but unfortunately not all of them get that (and even their parents may not be aware of how much they're being manipulated by the media). My dad was a Hollywood publicist, so I saw it all growing up (and hated it then too) - I guess it made me rather cynical rolleyes1.gif

Anyway, this is WAY off the original topic - please don't think I have any problem with you posting it, or enjoying it or anything like that - I was just "waxing lyrical" (probably best to keep my mouth shut next time.... :tiptoe). It's all good thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited January 5, 2012
    Diva, would never think anything less of ya!!
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2012
    Just noticed - awesome! thumb.gifclap
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    reyvee61reyvee61 Registered Users Posts: 1,877 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2012
    Too funny
    Yo soy Reynaldo
  • Options
    IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2012
    divamum wrote: »
    /steps off cranky soapbox and looks for another cup of coffee :D

OK, Ms Crankypants. Try tea . . .mwink.gif
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.