Options

Wedding Expo Give-Away

musemuse Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
edited January 15, 2012 in Weddings
A friend of mine talked me into my first wedding expo and I'm beside myself silly-excited about it. It's coming up soon and I've been encouraged by veterans of this expo to have some sort of prize drawing. I was thinking a free canvas (or similar) with booking but I also don't like the idea that they only win if they book me. Isn't this kind of manipulative? I'm curious what types of prizes you all would recommend?

Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    Matthew SavilleMatthew Saville Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,352 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2012
    Yeah, if I were going to give something away, it would be:

1.) No strings attached. Otherwise there's a very likely chance the winner won't collect. Give the prize a fixed monetary value, like a $500 engagement session package that includes a free canvas, or something. Go big or go home, I say!

2.) A sure-fire way to prove yourself to them, in order to make the booking. In my opinion, a free engagement session is great for this. Either you're in their price range or you aren't; if you aren't then there's not much you can do about that, but if you ARE then it's game on! Either they'll love your images and they'll book, or, well, keep practicing! :-P

Good luck,
    =Matt=
    My first thought is always of light.” – Galen Rowell
    My SmugMug PortfolioMy Astro-Landscape Photo BlogDgrin Weddings Forum
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2012
    Yeah, if I were going to give something away, it would be:

1.) No strings attached. Otherwise there's a very likely chance the winner won't collect. Give the prize a fixed monetary value, like a $500 engagement session package that includes a free canvas, or something. Go big or go home, I say!

2.) A sure-fire way to prove yourself to them, in order to make the booking. In my opinion, a free engagement session is great for this. Either you're in their price range or you aren't; if you aren't then there's not much you can do about that, but if you ARE then it's game on! Either they'll love your images and they'll book, or, well, keep practicing! :-P

Good luck,
    =Matt=

15524779-Ti.gifagree .... I might add to have a drawing at the end of the day for the "totally Fee" gift but everyone that books gets something very special ... that you would not offer any other time so that everyone is a winner at the Bridal show....whether it be a very special price + large Print, reduced retainer + large print....but make sure not to offer this at another time ... ...

Good Luck.
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    edited January 6, 2012
    Thanks a bunch. I like the fixed, no strings attached prize. That actually feels better to me and if I were a bride, I'd much rather just have a free and clear win.
    Appreciate the input.
  • Options
    Matthew SavilleMatthew Saville Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,352 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2012
    I would do both, like Art Scott said. Have a no-strings-attached raffle prize for someone even if they don't book a wedding, but also have an "expo-only" offer that people can get if they book you for their wedding. (Say, a free canvas or something...)

That way, you have an incentive for both, but neither target market feels too pressured.

=Matt=
    My first thought is always of light.” – Galen Rowell
    My SmugMug PortfolioMy Astro-Landscape Photo BlogDgrin Weddings Forum
  • Options
    edited January 6, 2012
    Ahh I see... that makes complete sense. And I can see how they are both would be attractive to clients without the pressure or feeling of manipulation that I really wanted to stay away from. I really appreciate the clarification! Anxious, as the show is Sunday!
    Thanks again.
  • Options
    WhitefootWhitefoot Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited January 15, 2012
    The ideas listed are great. Some booths give out cheesy trinkets but giving a bigger package would get more people I would think.