Options

DSS#93 - New & Old possibility

torrbraetorrbrae Registered Users Posts: 203 Major grins
edited January 7, 2012 in The Dgrin Challenges
As everyone seems to be going with Old, have been trying for New. Have ended up with a combination of Old & New - not sure if working. Maybe need a tighter crop? Comments and suggestions be appreciated:

Under Construction:

C201201051006428UnderConstruct-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    kdotaylorkdotaylor Registered Users Posts: 1,277 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2012
    I think in this instance, it might be a better shot to focus on either the old or the new. You have some good subject matter here--just a tighter zoom on either one would be less confusing.
    Kate
    www.katetaylor.smugmug.com
    "You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." Mark Twain
  • Options
    billseyebillseye Registered Users Posts: 847 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2012
    15524779-Ti.gif

For my taste, the foreground is so strong and takes such a big part of the frame that the background (new) portion seems to be almost a second thought, or lost context that makes the whole image feel too busy.
    Bill Banning

Check out billseye photos on SmugMug
  • Options
    torrbraetorrbrae Registered Users Posts: 203 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2012
    Thank you for the comments. Have tried reshoot, focusing on the new bridge being built, although not sure how to make a half built concrete structure look interesting?! Have come up with the attached - comments be appreciated:

Under Construction:

C201201061006458UnderConstruct-L.jpg

Does the background distract too much?
  • Options
    ghinsonghinson Registered Users Posts: 933 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2012
    I like this better, though my first though it the horizon needs straightening. Without being too familiar with the scene, I would think that to best capture the idea of a new bridge being built, it might work to capture it in a way that shows both shores, and the stretching reach from one to the other.
    uosuıɥ ƃǝɹƃ
    ackdoc.com