-
Anybody can do it.

Comments

• DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2012
    Neat looking plant. You photographed it nicely thumb.gif
  • wfellerwfeller Registered Users Posts: 2,625 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2012
    Thanks Mary. It's an attempt to blend fine art with documentation. I bumped up the fibers coming off the blades. I thought it made kind of a nice frame to the bud. There was some nice first morning light on there too which I may have lost in processing.
    Anybody can do it.
    edited January 7, 2012
    wfeller wrote: »
    Thanks Mary. It's an attempt to blend fine art with documentation. I bumped up the fibers coming off the blades. I thought it made kind of a nice frame to the bud. There was some nice first morning light on there too which I may have lost in processing.

What really grabbed my eye was the white squiggles on the plant. An up close shot would make for a good abstract :D
    edited January 7, 2012
    The 'squiggles' :) are the fiber strands. They're remarkably strong when green. The Indians would use them for basketry, rope, and sandals. Someday I'll incorporate it into this page: http://mojavedesert.net/plants/shrubs/yucca-schidigera.html

-
    Anybody can do it.
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2012
    Good work, Walter. I like this one a lot.thumb.gif I sure wish I could see it larger.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
    edited January 8, 2012
    wfeller wrote: »
    The 'squiggles' :) are the fiber strands. They're remarkably strong when green. The Indians would use them for basketry, rope, and sandals. Someday I'll incorporate it into this page: http://mojavedesert.net/plants/shrubs/yucca-schidigera.html

-

Thanks for posting the link. Informative and I really enjoyed the photos thumb.gifD
    edited January 8, 2012
    Good work, Walter. I like this one a lot.thumb.gif I sure wish I could see it larger.

Tom

Thanks Tom, much appreciated. At the moment I'm limiting myself to this size for portability in posting as well as some additional issues I'm dealing with. I've been putting off saying that, but you deserve a response to your request.
    Dogdots wrote: »
    Thanks for posting the link. Informative and I really enjoyed the photos thumb.gifD

Thank you Mary. Sometimes the photography part of my 'Thing' is so much fun I lose sight of the point of it all--the Mojave.
    Anybody can do it.